PDA

View Full Version : Apathy + Cabin fever!

Melonfish
07-08-09, 07:52 AM
My fellow Kaleuns!
i need some VIM! some pip, chipper and all round enthusiasm for SH4
at the moment i've got the original version patched with a couple of tweek mods installed (for gfx, sounds and whatnot)
however i find myself seriously apathetic towards it, the intensity from SH3 is gone, i don't see a ship for days whilst out roaming the pacific, hell i'd settle for an attack from japanese fighters once in a while but i get nowt!
my crew all have cabin fever and lately have been dressing in womens clothing through sheer boredom!

In short, please point me in the direction of some decent mods to liven this thing up! i've actually found myself playing SH3 once more, last night had a great first patrol out of wil in U-1!
wish 4 was as exciting, i love the models and mechanichs but its just lacking in an essential ingredient...

pete

AVGWarhawk
07-08-09, 08:12 AM
Ok, well, what nationality are you playing? Uboat or fleet? Personally, I played the uboat for a very short while. I wanted to us OM from Lurker and check out this excellent mod. Other than that I stick with the fleets. There is a lot you can mix in match for the fleets. TMO, RFB and RSRD. I find TMO to very well rounded and simply fun to play, period. Just add historical traffic from RSRD but I think that would not work for you has RSRD creates historical traffic and in some areas can be slow for targets. Even so, RSRD is the absolute tops for historical traffic and major engagments. RFB is your harder realistic submarine mod. Combine this with RSRD and you have darn close to the real thing.

Truthfully, for you I would use TMO. I think it will fit what you are looking to fill.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330

Frame57
07-08-09, 10:59 AM
???? I find the reverse to be true. I roam for weeks in SH3 without finding squat. In Sh4 it is like shooting fish in a barrell. IMO:salute:

Sailor Steve
07-08-09, 11:02 AM
And I'm the oddball. I use the mods that give me as few contacts as possible, since I try to obtain historical results (and frustration).