PDA

View Full Version : Picking up Survivors

Backstretch
07-06-09, 03:43 PM
:wah: I've looked around the forums for an answer. I have 3 aviators in the drink, up close and visable. My binoculars cross-hairs change to RED when I select them but I cannot recover them. I tried using the "L" key, "Return", "Spacebar", "shift" but no command with the RED cross-hairs enables them to come aboard. I know it is something stupid but I can't figure it out! :cry:

Appreciate some help, Shipmates!

//Mark//

Torplexed
07-06-09, 03:59 PM
After clicking the binocular icon, click the last icon on the right (life preserver ring) you should be able to pick them up.

Tony845
07-07-09, 09:31 AM
As you prepare to pick up the survivors, click on the Binocular icon at the bottom of the screen. When the cross hairs are centered and turn red, the Life Preserver icon should light up (if your close enough). Click on this icon to pick up the survivor. NOTE. You may have to click on the icon more than once to get all the downed crew. When all the crew are rescued, the marker smoke will go away. You should look around to make sure that a crewman has not drifted away by himself. Sometimes you find a crewman adrift with no smoke showing.

captgeo
07-07-09, 09:39 AM
and you have to be going slower then 3 knts, or even stopped

Backstretch
07-07-09, 12:55 PM
:yeah: Thank you to all for the help picking up the survivors! Rather technical operation since my binoculars frequently turn to "light blue" while trying to find the pilots in the water, although the cross-hairs do change to RED.

I completed my patrol mission and returned to my home port of Brisbane but was denied to END PATROL eventhough I had completed all objectives. Is this correct? What did I not do? :hmmm:

Thanks again for the assistance! The survivors were getting water-logged! :haha:

captgeo
07-07-09, 02:35 PM
sometimes you have a certain number of them to PU, other times its hanging around for a few days to see if any more show up.

And congrats on at least getting some or most of the mission accomplished

Munchausen
07-07-09, 04:36 PM
I completed my patrol mission and returned to my home port of Brisbane but was denied to END PATROL eventhough I had completed all objectives. Is this correct? What did I not do? :hmmm:

Your home port may have changed. Check to make sure the anchor icon at Brisbane is tilted (looks different from all the other anchor icons). If it isn't, look for one that is ... also check your orders for a change in home port.

Tony845
07-08-09, 11:34 AM
Your home port may have changed. Check to make sure the anchor icon at Brisbane is tilted (looks different from all the other anchor icons). If it isn't, look for one that is ... also check your orders for a change in home port.

That's happened to me more than once. Home port gets changed and I missed the order. Get to what was my home port and find out it's really now on the other side of Australia! Makes for a long but peaceful cruse around the south to get home.

Munchausen
07-08-09, 02:08 PM
That's happened to me more than once. Home port gets changed and I missed the order. Get to what was my home port and find out it's really now on the other side of Australia! Makes for a long but peaceful cruse around the south to get home.

:03: Just don't forget ... even though you can't end the patrol at your old port, you can (and should) refuel before heading for your new home.

Backstretch
07-08-09, 02:53 PM
Guess what? My home port is now Freemantle! I never saw the icon change and didn't realize that it indicated my home port. Lousy sailor, I guess :cry:.

Since I refit I though I would make my way to Freemantle via Darwin to bag a few bad guys along the way.

Thanks, shipmates, for all the help! I'm sure this newbie will need more! :oops:

The beer latern is now "lit"! :woot: