PDA

View Full Version : Dead in the water for 80 hours help!!!!!!!

FritzRommel
07-01-09, 12:45 AM
i was DC'ed quite badly and actually spent a fair amount of time on the ocean floor but they DD's evetually did leave. I had a massive amount of damage with extreme flooding, the engine room was 3/4 flooded and the stern torpedo room was about 1/2 flooded. I have fixed everything that i can fix with the damage controll team but i still have no working deisel engines!! the damage controll crew fixes only whats in the little box on the damage screen, but what about the damage thats not in the box? also you can drag and drop option but you cant actually drag and drop anything? or im a doing somthing wrong? i need to know how to fix my boat!!

Task Force
07-01-09, 12:56 AM
Boy do you have a problem... you issue is that your desiels are distroyed... and cannot be repaired. Its a old bug, from stock.:yep:

XTBilly
07-01-09, 01:03 AM
And from 1.3 or 1.4 I think, the battery cannot charge without the diesels working...
A bad situation indeed...

Task Force
07-01-09, 01:04 AM
go to your last save or start a new campaign.:yep:

Speedo
07-01-09, 03:24 AM
And next time try to add to your crew man with special abilitys ho can finx totaly destroed engins and etc.

AVGWarhawk
07-01-09, 07:54 AM
You ever hear the old saying, 'My ship is sunk.'? Well, this is what state your ship(boat) is in. Time for a new career. Say hello to Davy Jones for me. :03:

FritzRommel
07-01-09, 09:01 AM
how do you give your crew special ablities? is there any way to abandon ship and get picked up by the US NAVY? Not all my diesel engines were destroyed, only half of them? and why does the when the water comes in when pipes brust, there is no sound with them?

AVGWarhawk
07-01-09, 09:08 AM
Unfortunate all the engines are tied in together. If the diesels show destroyed then the show is over. The Navy does not send out rescue.

Dread Knot
07-01-09, 09:11 AM
is there any way to abandon ship and get picked up by the US NAVY?

There is no rescue feature built into the game. All the players who have run out of fuel in mid-Pacific can attest to that. The game engine treats the four diesels as blocks of two, so if you have two out, they're all out.

FritzRommel
07-01-09, 09:15 AM
any mods to fix this? maybe fleet boat? this sucks!

Dread Knot
07-01-09, 09:17 AM
Not that I know of. Look at it this way. At least you won't be spending the next few years in a brutal POW camp mining coal or copper like a real crew would.

AVGWarhawk
07-01-09, 09:27 AM

Hard coded. The easiest fix is....go deep and silent when attacked. Although submarines are relatively strong under normal cirumstances dropping a DC on top of one proves to be devastating. Better to flee and fight another day then take a DC on the conning tower and get blown away.:D

SteamWake
07-01-09, 09:27 AM

No mods there are some hacks but its much easier to either start a new carrer or go to a previous save.

With all that damage and flooding its a wonder you survived at all. I guess it was shallow water.

Also Ive never had a DD break off an attack before destroying me very curious. Even when they ran out of charges they would just hover around waiting for me to come up.

80 hours... good lord whats the Co2 levels like?

AVGWarhawk
07-01-09, 09:41 AM
80 hours... good lord whats the Co2 levels like?

Damn good question. Hell at 48 hours the crew would be turning green and gasping for air.

FritzRommel
07-01-09, 10:01 AM
I was only under water for about 7 hours sitting on the ocean floor which was only some 160ft deep. I couldn't run away b/c the stren was so full of water it was dragging on the bottom. I surfaced only b/c i thought that i would never be able to do with the flooding, i did on emergency blow and the boat slowy in unevenly came up, with the DD's only 4000 yards away, but is was pitch black. the rest of the time was spent trying to, in vain i guess, to fix the deisels.

Frame57
07-01-09, 10:07 AM
Time to break out the Momsum lungs and use your escape hatch....:salute:

AVGWarhawk
07-01-09, 10:27 AM
I was only under water for about 7 hours sitting on the ocean floor which was only some 160ft deep. I couldn't run away b/c the stren was so full of water it was dragging on the bottom. I surfaced only b/c i thought that i would never be able to do with the flooding, i did on emergency blow and the boat slowy in unevenly came up, with the DD's only 4000 yards away, but is was pitch black. the rest of the time was spent trying to, in vain i guess, to fix the deisels.

Sucky ending to a cool story.

Folducker
07-01-09, 01:53 PM
How does everyone work game saves? I rotate three saves so I usually don;t get too far into something that works out badly. Saved my bacon on more than one occasion.

FritzRommel
07-01-09, 02:37 PM
I have one file and save over the top of it. so i have to start a new career. ill start doing something like you do.

Morpheus
07-01-09, 02:37 PM
How does everyone work game saves? I rotate three saves so I usually don;t get too far into something that works out badly. Saved my bacon on more than one occasion.

i have six temp_savegames which i rotate ...

+ i save when leaving/arriving port /rearming/refuling

+ in the office

so i am quite secure with that ;)

Armistead
07-01-09, 02:51 PM
If you're not far from base, hundred miles or less, you can dive and surface over and over. It will let you go one knot while submerged.
So surface, dive and hit the TC and repeat. Takes about 15 minutes using TC to do a hundred miles. It's a pain, but if I had a great patrol with no good save and close to base..I'll do it. I don't consider a cheat, since friendly boats are passing by.

Growler
07-01-09, 03:22 PM
One save, and one save only, other than the default autosaves the game performs.

Guys in our boats didn't get to reload the game if they got unlucky, so why should I?

Yeah, I know I'ma askin' fer it relying on one save, but that's just the way I am, I guess. I save very infrequently when on patrol, usually only when I have to exit the program.

Aramike
07-01-09, 03:26 PM
I just rotate a couple of save games just in case of a file going corrupt on me. But if I get killed, that's it - time for a new career. Accepting the consequences of things not going well is something that helps keep the games intensity up, IMO.

SteamWake
07-01-09, 03:33 PM
Guys in our boats didn't get to reload the game if they got unlucky, so why should I?.

Because guys in boats dident have power glitches, ctd's, calls to dinner, and other unavoidable interruptions not to mention carrrer ending snafu's.

Well maybe they did but you know what I mean.

AVGWarhawk
07-01-09, 03:46 PM
Guys in our boats didn't get to reload the game if they got unlucky, so why should I?

If I goof and send the boat/crew to the bottom that is the end of that career. I start over.

(barring my daughters cat jumping on the keyboard and hitting a key that just screws up the whole sha-bang:shifty:)

abclkhan
07-01-09, 03:55 PM
Sorry for you felllow, be a patriot and scuttle this boat, order a deep dive and think about the vingins you will reach at heaven. :rock:
Better than give it to the japanese...:D:D:D

SgtPotato
07-01-09, 05:55 PM
80 hours? Man, your submarine might have a secret invention that it can transform from CO2 to Oxygen... :o

I know one that it was used by Navy SEALs.

Armistead
07-01-09, 06:30 PM
I always have a couple of good save points in case of some wierd bug.

I played for months..if I die I start over. I made it to late 44 a few times, but got killed. Finally in March of 45 I died and said..screw it, I'm gonna finish the war one time and used the save. I wanted to see what happened at the end of the war....not much game wise.

I've made it this career to late 43. I just wonder how many have done an entire war career without dying with cams and contacts off...just haven't made it yet.

Red Devil
07-01-09, 06:53 PM
(barring my daughters cat jumping on the keyboard and hitting a key that just screws up the whole sha-bang:shifty:) Was driving a jeep over african terrain and a moth landed on my hand, I drove over a cliff!!! OUCH!!

Aramike
07-02-09, 02:22 AM
(barring my daughters cat jumping on the keyboard and hitting a key that just screws up the whole sha-bang:shifty:) SUUURREEE...

*Me's picturing you picking up the cat and pressing it's claw into the crash dive button while at test depth*

"I'm gonna kill this cat! Well, better reload the ol' save..."

:cool: