PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck did my WO make off to?

emtguf
06-28-09, 04:25 PM
Been playing SH3 since release, and have always used my WO to help out in the heat of battle get things nailed down for a torp run.
So I just got back from touring the USS Cavalla, and decided it was time to jump into the US fleet.
Read the manual, and it shows the same options as in SH3... check manual targeting but there is no option for WO assistance even though the manual clearly shows that as an option.
Can you still use the WO when manual targeting is checked? And if so how do I get to him in game? The new UI has me all confused.

Thanks for any help on this issue

Stealhead
06-28-09, 07:48 PM
No such number no such soul in SH4 sir.The WO wont help you run the TDC.However the TDC makes attacks much easier because everything you need is right there with the TBT/scope view you dont have to go back and froth to the attack screen much at all.You may want to look up the TDC guide thta will show you how to use it and look up the O'Kane method.

Munchausen
06-28-09, 08:17 PM
No such number no such soul ....

:up: Thanks. I never could figure out the last word of that lyric. Finally, after decades and decades ....

Stealhead
06-28-09, 08:27 PM
Ha ha Return to Sender! Yeah I always use that line when I can.I used to say that to my daughter a year or so ago when she was concerned about a monster being under her bed;There is no such number no such soul in an Elvis voice as well.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z54-QHEZN6E

This song is fitting for how you use the TDC in SH4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0vXxH1IEmQ

kylesplanet
06-28-09, 11:29 PM
To further derail this thread, :D I believe that lyric is "no such number, no such zone"

Stealhead
06-29-09, 12:05 AM
I know I say soul to make to the rejection that much worse.If you think about it no such soul makes just as much sence as zone sseing as you are dealing with a person. Much like the old tradtion of sailing ships counting the passengers as souls. Or in the case of a non existing monster that my daughter feared something not having a soul crushes its possiable existance.
It is something I often do add my own little twist to things.

You have single handly foiled my plot to take over the world by first spreading the No such soul verion of Return to Sender.:damn:

Sailor Steve
06-29-09, 10:19 AM
To further derail this thread, :D I believe that lyric is "no such number, no such zone"
Every source I could find agrees that it's "zone", which makes sense as it rhymes with "unknown".

Stealhead
06-29-09, 11:30 AM
Like I said I know that Elvis says zone and I say soul. I have my own version of the song what is the big deal realy? I suppose that you are trying make me look wrong even though I know what the orginal lyric is zone but I will keep saying soul because that is how I choose to do it. You wasted your time doing all that searching my friend if your express purpose was inform me the lyric. And every time I hear that song I will still say soul I bet that will annoy you or you will think I am moron because I do that either way I dont do anything in my life to please you .:up: So Return to Sender address unknown........

Munchausen
06-29-09, 12:41 PM
:-? Sorry I brought it up. But at least now we know where the WO went ... he's in the stateroom listening to Elvis, trying to figure the lyrics.

Stealhead
06-29-09, 12:55 PM
Yep the WO Aint nothing but a hound dog!

Or is it pound dog? I am not certain.I am sure someone will tell me.:rotfl::rotfl:

Sailor Steve
06-29-09, 12:56 PM
Like I said I know that Elvis says zone and I say soul. I have my own version of the song what is the big deal realy? I suppose that you are trying make me look wrong even though I know what the orginal lyric is zone but I will keep saying soul because that is how I choose to do it.
No, actually I was responding more to Munchausen's comment that he didn't know "soul" was the word, and the fact that it wasn't.

You wasted your time doing all that searching my friend if your express purpose was inform me the lyric. And every time I hear that song I will still say soul I bet that will annoy you or you will think I am moron because I do that either way I dont do anything in my life to please you .:up: So Return to Sender address unknown........
No need to be so touchy. I don't think you're a moron, and my express purpose wasn't to inform you of anything. When a question comes up concerning anything I try to find the truth. And I've been wrong as often as I've been right.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about something. I'm never looking for a fight, just a healthy discussion.

Stealhead
06-29-09, 12:59 PM
Yeah i think I need to a doctor about that chip do you know of one?:06:

Sailor Steve
06-29-09, 01:07 PM
No, if I did he'd probably just have me committed.

When I get into a debate I try to remember the quote I have in my sig this month. Another favorite from the same guy, which I try to remember (but don't always): "The aim of argument, or of discussion, should be not victory, but progress."

eljeffo41
06-29-09, 01:55 PM
The part I don't believe is that something was wrong with the manual! It's so comprehensive we really hardly need this website at all:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Red Devil
07-01-09, 07:01 PM
wait till you move a deck gun from aft to fore, or vice versa, the bloody gun crew goes AWOL!!