PDA

View Full Version : Jutland vs. DG 1.5

drmathprog
06-27-09, 07:24 AM
Having just discovered Storm Eagle Studio games, which would be the better sim. to start with: Jutland or DG 1.5?

Buddahaid
06-27-09, 11:55 AM
Can't tell you. Which do you prefer, SH3 or SH4? I have both and the look interface is the same pretty much, just different subject matter and more pre-dreadnaught types with DG1.5 (correct me if I'm wrong here).

I'm also way behind the learning curve as battles can be massive, and I've not really concentrated on either yet.

Buddahaid

Raptor1
06-27-09, 06:07 PM
It all depends on what war you're most interested in...

drmathprog
06-27-09, 09:23 PM
So in terms of capabilities, graphics quality, AI, etc. they are pretty comparable.

Buddahaid
06-27-09, 10:47 PM
So in terms of capabilities, graphics quality, AI, etc. they are pretty comparable.

Yup. Any differences would be from ship and gun specs. SES should chime in here and 'splain it better.

Buddahaid

alexsmith
06-28-09, 09:32 AM
I think Jutland probably has more ships, more battles, more scenarios and maybe more complex compaing. Unfortunately I don't like much anything but Russo-Japanese War - so as for me - I only play DG :)

Bullethead
06-29-09, 11:01 AM
Jutland and DG 1.5 are both pretty similar in terms of general mechanics, interface, look and feel, etc. It's mostly a question of subject matter, the differences technology and tactics, and the sheer size and complexity of the fleets and campaigns.

Janus
06-29-09, 03:37 PM
So you might be able to say Jutland is to Distant Guns what Battlefront's CM Barbarossa to Berlin is to CM Afrika Corps, mh?

Bullethead
06-29-09, 04:57 PM
So you might be able to say Jutland is to Distant Guns what Battlefront's CM Barbarossa to Berlin is to CM Afrika Corps, mh?

More or less. I left Battlefront before CMAK came out, but I was there for CMBO and CMB2B, so I'd compare things that way. CMB2B kept the same basic game mechanics but with numerous improvements and additions on top. B2B also involved larger forces, or at least could, depending on the scenario. So in that light, B2B : Jutland as BO : DG. But OTOH, B2B had a bunch of 1941-43 stuff whereas BO was all 1944-45. Jutland has a fair amount of RJW-vintage stuff in it, but also all tech advancements that happened between 1905 and 1916.