PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson

Max2147
06-25-09, 04:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8119951.stm

Michael Jackson has been rushed to the hospital. He was not breathing when paramedics arrived at his house. Another report I read said he was in cardiac arrest.

FIREWALL
06-25-09, 04:53 PM
What happened ? Did his nose fall off again. :haha::har::rotfl:

stabiz
06-25-09, 05:04 PM
Reports say Jackson is dead.:cry:

FIREWALL
06-25-09, 05:08 PM

post links

I live here in L.A. and as of 3pm pst there is no report of his death.

Thomen
06-25-09, 05:13 PM
He is dead. =( Wife said TMZ reported his death.

Thomen
06-25-09, 05:14 PM
What happened ? Did his nose fall off again. :haha::har::rotfl:

Supposedly a heart attack.

FIREWALL
06-25-09, 05:22 PM
That is pure news hype BS. There's been no offical word yet.

I don't doubt tho that he dead.

Aramike
06-25-09, 05:22 PM
Heh, celebrities are dropping left and right. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and now Jackson?

Blacklight
06-25-09, 05:24 PM
CNN is repporting that he was revived while TMZ is reporting that he's dead. So Which is it ???

FIREWALL
06-25-09, 05:27 PM
Just officially announced. DEAD :dead:

Skybird
06-25-09, 05:33 PM
At the last moment we got saved from an unneeded comeback tour by a grandfather-aged senior who behaved like a teenager. There are some people I do not admire for being like that. Hugh Heffner. The Rolling Stones. Tina Turner. Grace Jones. Michael Jackson. Style lies in knowing your age - and not pretending to be 30 years younger. It seems they all suffer from the same problem: trying to become immortal by pretending to be young forever. But that strategy is a trap from the very beginning. Or in other words: bad timing all life long.

Celebreties - alle plemplem. :doh:

Task Force
06-25-09, 05:34 PM
Just heard jackson died... young too.

Blacklight
06-25-09, 05:35 PM
CNN just updated and says he's in a coma.

Task Force
06-25-09, 05:40 PM
news here said hese dead...

Max2147
06-25-09, 05:41 PM
LA Times, citing law enforcement, confirms he's dead: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html

SteamWake
06-25-09, 05:42 PM
Just heard jackson died... young too.

He may have been young but he looked like a walking corpse.

Dowly
06-25-09, 05:42 PM
Every finnish media says he's dead and our media usually makes sure before posting news like this, so I'd say he is 99.99999999% sure dead.

Cant say I'm feeling that bad over it. :hmmm:

SteamWake
06-25-09, 05:50 PM
At the last moment we got saved from an unneeded comeback tour by a grandfather-aged senior

He was 50... thats hardly grandfather aged senior.

He was younger than I am.

Rilder
06-25-09, 05:55 PM
I know its in bad taste but I can't help that it made me laugh:

http://j.photos.cx/michaeljackson-3a1.jpg

:rotfl:

Max2147
06-25-09, 05:59 PM
Mark Sanford's political career just bought Michael Jackson a beer in the afterlife.

Frame57
06-25-09, 06:00 PM
The age thing.... For me a musical talent is ageless. Not that I liked MJ's music, but he clearly abandoned his creativity years ago. Look at the last three albums of Johnny Cash. His voice was not what it used to be but those albums were some of his best work in his golden years. I do not think it is about being young for some of these artists. It is about keep on truckin. I say, die with your boots on if you can...

But back to MJ, I hope this news does not send bubbles the chimp into a murderous tirade:woot:

geetrue
06-25-09, 06:09 PM
At the moment of death that's who you are forever ...

Odd that three in one week would just cease to excist :yep:

darius359au
06-25-09, 06:10 PM
They wont want to cremate him if it's true...all that silicon will burn for days:D

SS107.9MHz
06-25-09, 06:17 PM
"Baby Jesus Here I Come!"

R.I.P.

TarJak
06-25-09, 06:19 PM
LA Times reports his death pronounced bydoctors according to city and law enforcement source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/pop-star-michael-jackson-was-rushed-to-a-hospital-this-afternoon-by-los-angeles-fire-department-paramedics--capt-steve-ruda.html

SS107.9MHz
06-25-09, 06:22 PM
http://unreasonablefaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/jesus-baby-cry-caption.jpg

GoldenRivet
06-25-09, 06:22 PM
as a child of the late 70s and early 80s i can tell you... when i was just a little kid i thought "thriller" was just frickin awesome. :yeah:

it is unfortunate that in his later life he had so many "issues".

he has fans... im not a MJ fan really, though his impact on pop music cannot be denied... and his fans will remember him fondly

but most of the world will probably remember him as "Whako Jacko" the child molesting nut job.

SS107.9MHz
06-25-09, 06:38 PM
Of course many will remember him for his outstanding performance in the motion picture "Mr.Potato Head - The True Story"

FIREWALL
06-25-09, 06:42 PM
Of course many will remember him for his outstanding performance in the motion picture "Mr.Potato Head - The True Story"

:har::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::har:

kiwi_2005
06-25-09, 06:45 PM
RIP MJ

Don't stop till you get enough!

Kratos
but things dont stay on...:O:

SS107.9MHz
Now seriously, he was a great performer, a great showman, although to me the real genious behind his hits is Quincy Jones... Unfortunately all the credit seems to go entirely to Jackson... I only hope everything turns out well for his kids, maybe now they have a chence for a normal life...

Platapus
06-25-09, 06:48 PM
de mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est

Kapitan_Phillips
06-25-09, 06:53 PM
Yeah, this is all reeeal tasteful.

I'm disappointed in you all.

GoldenRivet
06-25-09, 06:55 PM
I'm disappointed in you all.

somewhat harsh considering the mix of serious and jovial posts.

perhaps... "im disappointed in some of you"

SS107.9MHz
06-25-09, 06:56 PM
Now, not so seriously:

Kapitan_Phillips
06-25-09, 07:22 PM
somewhat harsh considering the mix of serious and jovial posts.

perhaps... "im disappointed in some of you"

Point taken.

AVGWarhawk
06-25-09, 07:40 PM
I'm like GR, I grew up listening to the guy. Thriller was cool. I did not buy his albums or anything but he was part of the music world in my teenage years. Got to remember, his singing and dancing really influenced the pop stars of today.

GoldenRivet
06-25-09, 07:50 PM
yeah take it from me and warhawk...

if you went back in time to 1984 and told everyone that in 15 years the king of pop would be a nearly white, child molesting crazy person, made more of plastic than flesh...

... you would have had your butt laughed right out of town! :yep:

EDIT:

it would be the equivalent of someone walking up to you today and saying "hi, im from the future, and in 15 years Will Smith will be a post op transsexual who has a thing for clown costumes."

boy.... if that comes true.

Skybird
06-25-09, 07:58 PM
I'm like GR, I grew up listening to the guy. Thriller was cool. I did not buy his albums or anything but he was part of the music world in my teenage years. Got to remember, his singing and dancing really influenced the pop stars of today.
Absolutely, his influence on pop culture is undisputed. But the "problem" I have with him - to put i into words - has nothing to do with his music back then (although I was not really a fan). I think he spend his life in a way andthat is not suited well for being seen as an idol by many younger people. And I do not mean just the scandals. Everybody has to admit that he was behaving strange, wasn't he, and that he had strange priorities and preferences. The psychologist in me collects symptoms when thinking of him. He often does when seeing "celebreties" behaving in their strange ways.

AVGWarhawk
06-25-09, 08:07 PM
He certainly was a case study. I liken it to a genius who borders on insanity. His genius though was music and his choreography was as just as genius as his music. He did border on insanity back in the day and if I recall correctly took nothing less than perfection in his work. In the end, it showed. Thriller as platnium x20. That in itself shows his work was much admired.

Onkel Neal
06-25-09, 08:11 PM
I know it's popular to rag on MJ. At least we can say he loved children.

GoldenRivet
06-25-09, 08:12 PM
i think there is something else to be said for the number of responses to this thread vs that of the late charlies angel...

this thread already up to 3 pages

the other thread? :hmmm:

perhaps its the fact that Jackson is so controversial and Farrah Fawcett was not?

Monica Lewinsky
06-25-09, 08:20 PM
bye, bye ... won't miss ya at all.

Torplexed
06-25-09, 08:22 PM
I wasn't the biggest MJ fan. I did like Off the Wall, but I eventually burnt out on all the video and media hype surrounding Thriller and every album after. I think as time passed he became nothing less than mentally ill with the self-indulgent skin treatments and surgeries, oxygen tent bed, etc. I wonder if it isn't a small mercy that he died before taking the stage in London next month. We'll never know for sure as he was a consummate showman, but watching a frail and pale 50-year old trying to pull the same moves he did at 23 could have painful and sad.

mookiemookie
06-25-09, 08:32 PM
I really felt sad for him. His life was so screwed from the start because of his child stardom and his father and I believe that was what turned him so wacky.

End of an era indeed...

SteamWake
06-25-09, 08:41 PM
But the "problem" I had with him -.

Fixed for you.

The absolute lack of disrepect for the dead I see is shamefull.

Monica Lewinsky
06-25-09, 09:05 PM

I was upset about Farrah Faucet.

Edited for being disrespectful.

Marcantilan
06-25-09, 09:18 PM
He surely lived a gray life...

(He was born black and died white)

Anyway, RIP Michael! :salute:

Frame57
06-25-09, 11:13 PM
Did he really make a movie called "Mr Potato head"? I cannot stop laughing, I must have that:har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har:: har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har:: har:

Buddahaid
06-25-09, 11:49 PM

"Permit the children unto me, for such is the Kingdom of God". LUKE

Another allegory?

Buddahaid

kiwi_2005
06-26-09, 12:28 AM
MJ has clouded the death of FF over here and since MJ death all ive heard on the radio all day is MJ songs, talkback radio listeners are ringing up and expressing their sadness its gone crazy no doubt on the 6 oclock news tonight it will be about MJ! :roll:

Gotta give him credit his songs are kinda catchy beat it, Rock with you, Ben, Blame it on the boogie lol and many more has been on the radio today. Yes he was a bit of a werido with the wanting to change his skin color or was that a disease? Whatever, he wasn't your normal famous singer. As for the pedo accusations well he was proved innocent you could go as far as saying heres a guy that lives on his own with millions in the bank some parent comes along and accuses him for child abuse hoping to rake in the millions whether guilty or not the parents have got a winner here - when it comes to grabbing some easy money....

All i can say is come judgement day the truth will be told. :yep:

bookworm_020
06-26-09, 01:46 AM
I feel more worried for the children, I'm sure there will be a fight over who gets them and any money that is left over.

Plenty of MJ jokes flying around.

Tchocky
06-26-09, 01:53 AM
Ah, cr*p.

Was listening to Jackson (Five) on the way to work. Sigh.

The absolute lack of disrepect for the dead I see is shamefull.

Just want to quote this for posterity.

OneToughHerring
06-26-09, 03:20 AM
Good.

We wash our hands of another creep - DELUXE.

I was upset about Farrah Faucet, but this made me feel good later in the day.

But you care enough to keep posting here? :06:

Now there will never be a 'reconciliation' between MJ and the, mostly white, US media. Maybe this is for the best, now his legacy will live on in a very controversial way and continue to irk the racist whites.

Schroeder
06-26-09, 04:48 AM
I don't know much about him.
But to me it always seemed as if he was destroyed by his father's obsession for success. From what I heard the Jackson kids had to be successful or they got beaten by their father. I think he took his first mental cracks there. Then came all the success that sometimes has the tendency to drive people nuts. Maybe all his weird behaviour (for example buying [building?] the Neverland Ranch, being close to kids, changing his face) was just a reaction to not having had a childhood himself and wanting to be someone else. Whether he was a Pedo was never proven. The moment a star is accused of such a thing they have to do everything to end those accusations as quickly as possible or their career is over no matter whether they get convicted or an innocent verdict. The parents of those kids knew that they would have good chances of grabbing millions of dollars, don't forget that.

He definitely has had a major impact on the music of the 80's.
R.I.P MJ

Dowly
06-26-09, 06:05 AM
The parents of those kids knew that they would have good chances of grabbing millions of dollars, don't forget that.

When the kids were alone with MJ on the ranch, MJ had good chances of grabbing some bollocks too, so dont forget that either. :hmmm:

Jimbuna
06-26-09, 06:39 AM
At the end of the day....love him or hate him....he was a human being.

RIP

rubenandthejets
06-26-09, 06:39 AM
At least now MJ can blow bubbles again, since they're both dead now.

d@rk51d3
06-26-09, 06:47 AM
But to me it always seemed as if he was destroyed by his father's obsession for success. From what I heard the Jackson kids had to be successful or they got beaten by their father. I think he took his first mental cracks there. Then came all the success that sometimes has the tendency to drive people nuts. Maybe all his weird behaviour (for example buying [building?] the Neverland Ranch, being close to kids, changing his face) was just a reaction to not having had a childhood himself and wanting to be someone else. Whether he was a Pedo was never proven. The moment a star is accused of such a thing they have to do everything to end those accusations as quickly as possible or their career is over no matter whether they get convicted or an innocent verdict. The parents of those kids knew that they would have good chances of grabbing millions of dollars, don't forget that.

R.I.P MJ

My thoughts exactly. :salute:

TDK1044
06-26-09, 06:47 AM
i think there is something else to be said for the number of responses to this thread vs that of the late charlies angel...

this thread already up to 3 pages

the other thread? :hmmm:

perhaps its the fact that Jackson is so controversial and Farrah Fawcett was not?

I think it's because there are a tiny number of individuals in any generation who are here to influence and inspire others, and who seem destined to die young having completed their task. John Lennon was one. Elvis was another. Michael Jackson is in that mould.

Whether you loved him or loathed him, he was an inspirational character to millions of people accross the world.

XabbaRus
06-26-09, 07:28 AM
Can we try and keep it respectful and lay off the sick jokes? Seriously I know he might not have been everyone's cup of tea and he was a very screwed up individual but since the minutes his death was announced the quite cruel jokes appeared.

You may have noticed that I have edited a number of posts that are in bad taste, either images or message.

Feel free to discuss him and his issues and what he did, but in a muture rational manner that I know we are capable of here.

SS107.9MHz
06-26-09, 07:56 AM

Watch out Neal, that might be considered distastefull! :O:

SS107.9MHz
06-26-09, 07:57 AM
bye, bye ... won't miss ya at all.

Distastefull!

SS107.9MHz
06-26-09, 08:00 AM
he surely lived a gray life...

(he was born black and died white)

anyway, rip michael! :salute:

d i s t a s t e f u l l ! ! !

SS107.9MHz
06-26-09, 08:03 AM
Did he really make a movie called "Mr Potato head"? I cannot stop laughing, I must have that:har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har:: har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har::har:: har:

Since that post won't do without the pic, here's the link, however be aware it might be... DISTASTEFULL:O: (http://www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/michael_jackson56.jpg)

Dowly
06-26-09, 08:10 AM
Stop spamming.

rubenandthejets
06-26-09, 08:32 AM
For all those who feel the need for a bad taste MJ death joke, you can find plenty of them here...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14905715

Please feel free to continue this meaningful, tasteful discussion of the tragic death of a (insert a tasteful superlative or two of your choice here) artist thread here after you've finished laughing your butt off.

Kapt Z
06-26-09, 08:53 AM
So much talent.

So many demons.

:nope:

Skybird
06-26-09, 09:03 AM
Dying makes a person not better or worse than he/she was while being alive. Death is no service that earns you merits, but a person's death will be considered a benefit by some, and a loss by others. That's life - and death only affects the living anyway. so when you think you are about the correct way of rememberance of a dead one, in fact you are about yourself exclusively. And people tend to have different opinions on issues - and persons.

So I see no big issue with the way this thread goes. And Jackson will not care for it anyway, so...

He was probably no saint, that so big a cult emerged around him probably shows human's tendency towards the irrational, and we probably can all agree that in a way he was tragic and a victim of his own success, and somehow never really grew up. All that was Michael Jackson then, okay. Those of us who grew up with his music on the radio remember their memories of when they were younger and how life felt different back then. Fine, that is not different for me, too, I enjoy my memories of my late school years and the 80s, too. But let's leave it to that. No need to glorify or to mock the man. He's dead, life goes on, that's how it should be, period. It's not as if anyone of us has left a close relative.

I mean whatever German newspaper I opened today, Jackson is the top headline on page one. I must admit I do not see that death as such an important issue, there is more important things happening, I would say. Let's get back to our senses.

sharkbit
06-26-09, 09:15 AM
I must admit I do not see that death as such an important issue, there is more important things happening, I would say. Let's get back to our senses.

That somes it up nicely for me as well.
Unfortunately, we will see nothing bu MJ stories for the next week on all of the news networks. :nope:

:)

UnderseaLcpl
06-26-09, 10:24 AM
At the end of the day....love him or hate him....he was a human being.

RIP

My sentiments exactly.

Biggles
06-26-09, 10:55 AM
I know its in bad taste but I can't help that it made me laugh:

http://j.photos.cx/michaeljackson-3a1.jpg

:rotfl:

Sorry mates, but this was actually pretty funny:haha:

Other than that, well it's sad, really. Never cared much about him, but my life sure won't turn for the better of his death, so yeah, it's sad.

R.I.P

Or as someone said earlier: He was a human, no matter what life he lived.

So yeah, I don't try to be disrespectful of his death. A good friend of mine was a huge fan, gotta check up on him...

FIREWALL
06-26-09, 11:08 AM
There's more to this story unfolding by the hour. :hmmm:

Oberon
06-26-09, 11:14 AM
Dang, whatever became of him in the later years, you cannot deny his popularity in the 80s.
I grew up in the eighties and MJs hits would make the occasional breakout over the pond, and who can forget how popular 'Earth Song' was.
Many will view his passing with indifference, some with humour, but I look on it as a relief for a man who could never deal with adulthood after being robbed of his childhood.

I've had Billie Jean stuck in my head since I heard the news this morning.

Aramike
06-26-09, 11:26 AM
The way I see it, I refuse to respect someone anymore in death than I do in life. I'd probably find the jokes funny too, if they weren't all so old.

I despise pedophiles, period. Maybe he was one, maybe he wasn't - but he sure as hell did enough to help cement the image of a creep.

Frame57
06-26-09, 11:36 AM
There is nothing distasteful about this thread at all. Mo one here is being racial. The dude was a bonafide FRIGGIN WIERDO. The moderator over steps his badge on this one. Where is written you have to repect the dead??? Like all of a sudden because you die it makes you a friggin saint? It is one thing when when we get aggressive and take shots at each other or make racial comments. But give me a break. The potato head pic was the funniest thing I ever saw on that uber freak. What now moderators are going to ride this site to tell us what is distasteful. Mutiny-I call for mutiny and want the moderator Keel Hauled. :arrgh!:

Onkel Neal
06-26-09, 11:37 AM
Watch out Neal, that might be considered distastefull! :O:

Yes, but I only posted once. Don't spam ;)

Re: MJ jokes. I'm not a fan of his, and seeing how he blew up his life into some kind of absurd oddity, I don't see how jokes are out of character. When he was alive, everything he did was tinged with weird and crazy. Seriously, when Madonna dies, there will be a lot of comments about her sluttiness.

However, as several have pointed out, a person has died. So if people object, maybe we should cool it.

Re: MJ music. I never understood how his actual tunes garnered so much adoration. Sure, Billie Jean and Beat It are catchy pop tunes, but how do they rate above anything by Dire Straits, Prince, or a million other pop artists? If you separate the music from the hype and plastic-surgery-gone-wild performer, they are just more filler for FM radio. IMO.

FIREWALL
06-26-09, 11:38 AM
Today the part of all this that makes me smile with a grin from ear to ear is. :D

All the BIG MONEY GRUBBERS loseing their Arses. :har:

Onkel Neal
06-26-09, 11:39 AM
What now moderators are going to ride this site to tell us what is distasteful. Mutiny-I call for mutiny and want the moderator Keel Hauled. :arrgh!:

:hmmm: Hmmm... you know what happens to mutineers? :haha:

Frame57
06-26-09, 11:44 AM
:arrgh!: Aye! Mutiny be in my blood matey....The HMS Neverland has set sail with a new skipper. Exept the cabin boy cannot be Emmanuel Lewis anymore, he is just too old.

FIREWALL
06-26-09, 11:51 AM
I'm surprised the news hasn't tried to interview the " Home Alone " boy. :haha:

geetrue
06-26-09, 12:01 PM
There's more to this story unfolding by the hour. :hmmm:

Yes indeed it is ... starting to look like a drug overdose:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31568341/ns/entertainment-music/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31568341/ns/entertainment-music/)

MJ's doctor's car towed away from Jacksons rental house ... police looking for drugs.

FIREWALL
06-26-09, 12:04 PM
Yes indeed it is ... starting to look like a drug overdose:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31568341/ns/entertainment-music/ (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31568341/ns/entertainment-music/)

MJ's doctor's car towed away from Jacksons rental house ... police looking for drugs.

That's my guess too. :yep: I think he set the stage in London for his final curtain call here.

Sailor Steve
06-26-09, 01:05 PM
At the last moment we got saved from an unneeded comeback tour by a grandfather-aged senior who behaved like a teenager. There are some people I do not admire for being like that. Hugh Heffner. The Rolling Stones. Tina Turner. Grace Jones. Michael Jackson. Style lies in knowing your age - and not pretending to be 30 years younger. It seems they all suffer from the same problem: trying to become immortal by pretending to be young forever. But that strategy is a trap from the very beginning. Or in other words: bad timing all life long.

Celebreties - alle plemplem. :doh:
Which screws me bigtime, because I'm a grandfather-aged senior who can't have a comeback because I'm still a wannabe. I enjoy playing music with my friends, and we write and play what we feel. Am I stupid for that? Honest question, because I honestly don't know.

As for Jackson, I remember the original Jackson 5 days, when Michael was just a kid. He did indeed grow into a great performer, and his dancing was pure magic. I was never really a fan either, but I'll miss those days.

Biggles
06-26-09, 01:10 PM
Which screws me bigtime, because I'm a grandfather-aged senior who can't have a comeback because I'm still a wannabe. I enjoy playing music with my friends, and we write and play what we feel. Am I stupid for that? Honest question, because I honestly don't know.

For me, that answers the question. If you're having a good time, and if it's not hurting anyone, why not? Why not indeed?:salute:

The case with Jackson is that he had to do something to gain a huge amount of money, the man was basically on the street. I'm serious, he sold Neverland years ago, because he couldn't pay the bills. He's been having huge economic problems. The coming concerts were just to add money in the bin, and nothing else.

FIREWALL
06-26-09, 01:13 PM
What is really amazeing to me is.

There hasn't even been a hint of a statement from the Whitehouse. :hmmm:

Biggles
06-26-09, 01:14 PM

There hasn't even been a hint of a statement from the Whitehouse. :hmmm:

Meh, Arnold has said sumthin'....shouldn' that be enough?:hmmm:

FIREWALL
06-26-09, 01:20 PM
Meh, Arnold has said sumthin'....shouldn' that be enough?:hmmm:

Do you live in a cave out of touch ? Or you really just don't get it. :O:

Sailor Steve
06-26-09, 01:20 PM
I guess I don't. What did you mean?

Onkel Neal
06-26-09, 01:21 PM
:arrgh!: Aye! Mutiny be in my blood matey....The HMS Neverland has set sail with a new skipper. Exept the cabin boy cannot be Emmanuel Lewis anymore, he is just too old.

Well, if the moderator requests toning down the humor, I say go along with him.

Can we try and keep it respectful and lay off the sick jokes? Seriously I know he might not have been everyone's cup of tea and he was a very screwed up individual but since the minutes his death was announced the quite cruel jokes appeared.

You may have noticed that I have edited a number of posts that are in bad taste, either images or message.

Feel free to discuss him and his issues and what he did, but in a muture rational manner that I know we are capable of here.

FIREWALL
06-26-09, 01:28 PM
I guess I don't. What did you mean?

One of the most famous black singers of all time and the first black President.

I didn't think you were that slow Steve. :DL

Biggles
06-26-09, 01:30 PM
Actually. Mr. Obama is a bigger fan of Springsteen, I think.

Can't blame 'im, Bruce is the boss:yep:

FIREWALL
06-26-09, 01:33 PM
Actually. Mr. Obama is a bigger fan of Springsteen, I think.

Can't blame 'im, Bruce is the boss:yep:

So true. :yep: Given MJ's past recent history I guess BO doesn't want to touch him with a 10' pole politically. :har:

geetrue
06-26-09, 01:50 PM

There hasn't even been a hint of a statement from the Whitehouse. :hmmm:+

Perhaps Obama doesn't want to offend anyone ... so he's just sitting on the fence till he can see how this plays out :D

Buddahaid
06-26-09, 02:00 PM
One of the most famous black singers of all time and the first black President.

Why id MJ so important to warrant any statement from the Whitehouse? This is tabloid material, not a national security incident! Anyway Ronald Reagan left office years ago.

Sailor Steve
Keep it up, the fools are the ones that listen with their eyes. See me on drums with Avalon Rising at www.flowinglass.com . 52 and counting.

Buddahaid

Skybird
06-26-09, 02:12 PM
Do you hop around on the stage like a 20 year old? I hope not. If you play music, let it be rock'n roll for exmaple, fine. I saw a lot of good Jazz bands as well whose actors were senior and played well. They just did not pretend to be younger than they are.

I personally really hope that I do not behave as childish like a schoolboy anymore when meeting people. and I know for sure that thank God I have other things on my mind than I had back then. I also would not try that kind of "dancing" again that I did when being 14.

Behavior and style should match a person'S age. the bigger the discrepancy, the more ridiculous it often becomes. Just remember Tina Turner some months ago (let'S ignore that I never considered her to be able to sing anyway), I saw a vid from her on stage. She was "kokettieren" as if she were a young girl playing with a bar full of boys. It was disgusting. Or Grace Jones in a live interview that was on TV, some months ago - behaving as if she still was a sexy 20 year-old, and talking the same kind of rubbish girlies talk sometimes at that age. Hilarious.

We have an old show cock here in Germany, names Joachim Heesters, age 100+, who still sings of young love and romance on the stage and tries to hop around and just makes himself look like a complete fool. People are so much in love with him for still "standing in the full life" at his age - sin't that a fine example of that high age must not mean you have to give up on having fun? Bah, Bull, I must say I am just pissed by this idiot. And his singing is terrible with that old voice of his. At his age young girls is not what he should sing about, I think. that'S even worse than a 10 year old singing of love and passion.

Another example that brings me into arms is Hugh Heffner. Just that he does not sing. Thank God for that.

CastleBravo
06-26-09, 02:18 PM
I have to agree MJ was a bit bizaar, but who isn't to some degree? To speak ill of the dead is poor form, in any case.

Sailor Steve
06-26-09, 02:46 PM
Oh, I am, I am. On the other hand, sometimes we make connections in our own minds that others don't see a easily.

@ Buddahaid: Cool! I love Celtic music. Also bluegrass, folk, the blues, certain kinds of country and of course good old rock 'n' roll, which is descended from pretty much all of the above in one way or another.

Wolfehunter
06-26-09, 05:54 PM

R.I.P MJExactly man... I always new he was weird but what do you expect from the way he was raised? He had no childhood like us.

Biggles
06-26-09, 06:40 PM
Guess it's time for the conspiracy theories to emerge...

Who killed him and why?:x

Or is he dead?:hmmm:

AngusJS
06-26-09, 06:55 PM
Heh, celebrities are dropping left and right. Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and now Jackson?The Law of Three deals out its terrible Justice, and Balance is restored to the Universe. :DL

I was never into MJ, but Thriller and Smooth Criminal were good. Anyone who can think up dancing zombies can't be all bad.

May he rest in the peace which eluded him in life.

Oberon
06-26-09, 07:04 PM

That's easy, it was Obama :smug:

nikimcbee
06-26-09, 07:49 PM
I say bush cheney halliburton rumsfeld

Torplexed
06-26-09, 08:14 PM

Britney Spears knocked him off so she can get the full spotlight when she begins her final descent into middle-aged madness and baldness. ;)

SS107.9MHz
06-26-09, 09:16 PM
Yes, but I only posted once. Don't spam ;)

Re: MJ jokes. I'm not a fan of his, and seeing how he blew up his life into some kind of absurd oddity, I don't see how jokes are out of character. When he was alive, everything he did was tinged with weird and crazy. Seriously, when Madonna dies, there will be a lot of comments about her sluttiness.

However, as several have pointed out, a person has died. So if people object, maybe we should cool it.

Re: MJ music. I never understood how his actual tunes garnered so much adoration. Sure, Billie Jean and Beat It are catchy pop tunes, but how do they rate above anything by Dire Straits, Prince, or a million other pop artists? If you separate the music from the hype and plastic-surgery-gone-wild performer, they are just more filler for FM radio. IMO.

(Sorry, you're right, should've made only one post with everything:salute:)

I agree, I wasn't a fan (but that's not why was bashing him mind you), however he did leave a mark on our society, if he didn't this thread wouldn't exist, he's part of popular history, more so than popular culture, with his highs and lows... That's more than anybody in this forum will probably achieve (I hope not, thought :D), and has a human being he does earn our respect (as a person though, not so sure ehehe)

If we think about it how many persons have died the same day, the same hour,even in the very minute... Are those people less deserving of our respect on their times of demise? The reality is, he had his time, and he tried to get the best out of it, just like any one of us...

PS: People only laugh on other people's deaths because they won't be able to laugh on theirs :|\\

SS107.9MHz
06-26-09, 09:42 PM
Since I'm feeling a little bit of remorse about my crackjokes let me just pay homage to the poor guy... He probably just turned out to be just another lost child on the world of showbiz, so let us remember him for the cool things he did:

Jackson Five - on Ed Sullivan (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9198512208764422466) and "Can You Feel It" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1fXL3s7bk)

Enjoy (ABC is a friggin classic, still manages to put a smile on me)

Zachstar
06-26-09, 09:45 PM
Getting worse by the minute.

It is quite possible in my view that somebody is going to jail over this one.

Buddahaid
06-27-09, 12:37 AM
God I'm sick of this already and am reluctant to post, but it looks like a good time for Pyongyang to strike. Everybody has there nose into MJ and the radar screens are unwatched. :shifty:

Buddahaid

Sledgehammer427
06-27-09, 01:16 AM
my thoughts exactly,
you know, I have done a lot of reading on Russian politics and espionage, and heart attack doesnt nessesscarily mean cardiac arrest.
but yes, may he rest in peace

OneToughHerring
06-27-09, 05:17 AM
Still uncertainty about the cause of death. Seems like a case of overmedication, or even poisoning. Not sure what the difference is between the two exactly, I guess overmedication is a case where nobody has to go to jail.

Kapitan_Phillips
06-27-09, 07:18 AM
That's easy, it was Obama :smug:

Yup, it was Obama/Democrats/Socialists/AnyonewhoisntAmerican

Damn them! :know:

Biggles
06-27-09, 09:03 AM
You forgot Letterman:O:

Frame57
06-27-09, 11:01 AM
There is no doubt that WJ was under pressure from the whole child abuse stuff that came out which resulted in bottom of the barrel record sales. His financial situation was going from a very rich man to being bankrupt. Definitely a lot of pressure, but self induced stress. I would bet he was on a lot of anti-anxiety meds. If he was on a drug cocktail that had ativan in it, this actually causes heart rythem irregularities. If the rythem irregularities affect the venticles, it can and has caused cardiac arrest. Interesting to see what the toxicology report finds out.

Onkel Neal
06-27-09, 11:07 AM
Feathered moonwalk. (http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/551341/f859d31d/allereerste_moonwalk_(dans).html) :rock:

Dowly
06-27-09, 11:14 AM
ROFL!! :har:

Task Force
06-27-09, 12:55 PM
ROLF Also.:rotfl:

geetrue
06-27-09, 01:17 PM
God I'm sick of this already and am reluctant to post, but it looks like a good time for Pyongyang to strike. Everybody has there nose into MJ and the radar screens are unwatched. :shifty:

Buddahaid

I didn't think I would ever agree with a buddahead ... but your right.

Something big is going to happen and it's right around the corner.

VP Biden said it before this present howdy dodie administration took over.

NK is just a test ...

Now back to your regularly scheduled program talking about Jackson.

Did you know MJ was $400,000,000 dollars in debt?

Jimbuna
06-27-09, 02:09 PM
Now back to your regularly scheduled program talking about Jackson.

Did you know MJ was $400,000,000 dollars in debt?

This is going to be one hell of a comeback tour now!! :o

Task Force
06-27-09, 02:16 PM
now the jacksons will need a major bail out.:o

OneToughHerring
06-27-09, 02:19 PM
I know one person who is happy over this. Paul McCartney. Now he has a chance to get his hands on the Bealtes songs that MJ owned the rights to. Although it's a bit more complicated then that.

But anyway, MJ's debts will most likely be paid off in full before the whole commotion has died down. Hell, they could be paid off with the royalties from his own songs in a few years time.

Biggles
06-27-09, 02:56 PM
First of all, McCartney once said that he has no real desire to buy those rights back.

Secondly, didn't Jackson sell those to Sony?

Dowly
06-27-09, 03:03 PM
First of all, McCartney once said that he has no real desire to buy those rights back.

Either way, I think it was abit 'low' from MJ to buy those rights. I mean, the guy(or girl, whatever he wanted to be) had enough money already. Buying the rights right before the nose of an actualy Beatle was.. well.. like I said, low.

bert8for3
06-27-09, 03:24 PM
... Secondly, didn't Jackson sell those to Sony?

I think he did, but evidently kept a big slice ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Songs

Jimbuna
06-27-09, 04:02 PM
It'll be intersting to see what they go for now....especially if his estate were to want a quick sale to balance the books :hmmm:

geetrue
06-27-09, 06:20 PM

Reported to have been worth one billion dollars for the entire lot of them, but MJ only sold half to help pay his bills.

SteamWake
06-27-09, 08:56 PM
Seems MJ left a lot of lawsuits in the lurch.

Frankly I hope they stay there.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Michael Jackson's family wants an independent autopsy to determine the cause of the King of Pop's death, The Rev. Jesse Jackson said Saturday.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090627/D99382NG0.html

Uhhh I dont think they were related.

Buddahaid
06-27-09, 10:02 PM
The Reverend never misses a photo op.

Buddahaid

Task Force
06-28-09, 12:55 AM
Yea, he never misses a beat...:shifty: