PDA

View Full Version : Torpedos and TC

Captain Birdseye
06-24-09, 10:06 AM
Hi guys,

I encountered two jap merchants today, this was my first ever encounter.

I sent two torps off, the ships were at my 015 degree bearing. The torps carried on in a straight line in the direction of my sub. What's going on? Do the American torps not turn?

Secondly, I was at TC 1024, and I clicked to go to the bridge, and my game CTD! why?

SteamWake
06-24-09, 10:15 AM
1.) You probably dident enter the proper or full solution into the tdc. Yea they turn, sometimes they will turn 180 degrees and come right back at you :rotfl:

2.) Dont know. Never had this issue. I'm assuming you were in the map view at 1024 and it ctd when you went to bridge view. Maybe try reducing to 1x before switching views.

Captain Birdseye
06-24-09, 10:18 AM
I'm completely new to the US subs and SH4. I'm a SH3 veteran but always used automatic solutions from my WO.

What do I need to do in SH4? I note on the torpedo data control, I can set a torpedo to be either contact, or contact influence, I imagine the latter is magnetic in terms of a U-Boat?

I notice the little white lines stop at a torp depth of 5. (Unknown Units) Can someone tell me what sort of depth i'm looking for to have a contact with the side of a merchie?

Ta

Captain Birdseye
06-24-09, 10:36 AM
Well I solved my first issue. I went to the torpedo training mission, nd made sure I had automatic torp solutions and it worked a treat.

Ah well, must check my realism settings more :haha: