PDA

View Full Version : yay!!! SH4 Gold is here

witchking
06-18-09, 01:51 AM
Hey guys,

I have now also got my new SH4 Gold with u boat missions. Man!! the graphics look sick but it crawls to unplayable at 1920 x 1200 maxed out on my laptop. i am currently running it maxed at 1280 x 720.

ANyways...I have been looking at required stuff to install. So gold version is the final right?? there is no official patches for it??

I have been reading about the Taihosan maru CTD in the ubi forums. is that fixed in the gold version?? I was trying to get the fix from this link but its dead: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=600396#post600396
Do I still need it ?

I have been looking at some basic things that i might need. I was playing the torpedo tutorial in SH4. LOL! I hit the little fishing boat with a torpedo...that thing flew out of the water and fell on the shore and was burning for a while. LOL! buuuuug??? :|\\

ANyways...I see this download: "Game fixes only" . Now is that a necessary one for SH4 gold stock?? Can someone please direct me to what you might consider for just a PROPERLY functioning Stock SH4 1.5?? And does this include that taihosan maru fix?

thanks,

AV

Armistead
06-18-09, 04:12 AM
Not sure what your laptop specs are, but it's usually tough to get a great game with a laptop. You'll need to adjust as needed and cut off as many background program and services as possible.

With Gold you are totally current with patches and fixes game wise. There are many mods that add reality, fixes for playability and difficulty to the game.

Game Fixes Only is a mod and not a required patch for Gold. If you want to remain with the stock playability this would be a great place to start.

There are many mods to choose from, TMO, RFB, GFO, FORS are the major supermods. After that there are many......smaller mods. However, most of the supermods have fixed any bugs and have included about everything you need. Take time and go to the Mod Forum here and check out each mod. Stock is OK, but mods improve the game 100%.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219
:salute:

witchking
06-18-09, 08:27 PM
Awsome! Thanks! Will do.

But for now I am planning on just running stock....but is the Taihosan maru CTD bug fixed in 1.5??

thanks,

AV

Armistead
06-18-09, 10:04 PM
Awsome! Thanks! Will do.

But for now I am planning on just running stock....but is the Taihosan maru CTD bug fixed in 1.5??

thanks,

AV

It's fixed....

witchking
06-18-09, 11:46 PM
Awsome guys! Thanks a lot. :) :salute:

Loud_Silence
06-19-09, 01:24 AM
Lol, what laptop do you have??
I can't play on my normal PC at 1280x1024 (highest resolution supported by the screen) and 1152 is still too slow when a huge convoy appears, so i have to play at 1024x768 to be sure. I have a dual core AMD 5000+ with 4GB and a geForce 8600GT (yeah, i know, its not really bad but today is quite old, i want to buy a 9800GT)

Akula4745
06-19-09, 05:43 AM
There are many mods to choose from, TMO, RFB, GFO, FORS are the major supermods. After that there are many......smaller mods. However, most of the supermods have fixed any bugs and have included about everything you need. Take time and go to the Mod Forum here and check out each mod. Stock is OK, but mods improve the game 100%.

I humbly bow to Mr. A's superior knowledge... but methinks mods improve the game much more than just 100%. Yer gonna love it!

Armistead
06-19-09, 07:21 AM
Yea, and me thinks something good mod wise will soon be showing up...

captgeo
06-19-09, 07:51 AM
Welcome Aboard, if you can get youre laptop to run the game better, I would suggest the MOD Op-Monsoon for the U-Boat side and I run RFB with RSRDC and op-monsoon together , and its fantastic. Enjoy and good hunting !!:yeah:

Akula4745
06-19-09, 06:51 PM
Yea, and me thinks something good mod wise will soon be showing up...

Now how am I gonna get to sleep tonight if my mind is doing mach 1 imagining "something good mod wise"? LOL