PDA

View Full Version : Survivor? Where?

Akula4745
06-11-09, 03:37 PM
Strong contact on the map... survivor. Motor to the area and get real close.

http://www.jimdeadman.com/survivor.jpg

Absolutely nothing there... even looked under the water. No downed plane, no debris, no nothing.

http://www.jimdeadman.com/survivor2.jpg

What gives? Any inside info on this survivor target?

SteamWake
06-11-09, 03:41 PM
This is one of the most frustrating missions ever.

The 'survivors' move around on you. The map contacts are usually dated and they scoot around like they have a motor on them. I distinctly spending hours trying to chase them down.

I cant remeber exactly how to find them but I think you used sonar :o

I havent seen one of these since I installed some mods. Even if I did get this mission Im afraid I would blow it off. Good thing there only pixels.

Armistead
06-11-09, 03:47 PM
Never get these since I stopped playing stock. If it's a down pilot, don't they have a pink smoke device showing where they are.

And look in the direction from the marker with wind direction, as the wind blows so do they...

Akula4745
06-11-09, 04:20 PM
This was in RFB + RSRD... it was not an assigned mission, just something I ran across just south of Rabaul on my way to fuel n' load at Tulagi.

Totally weird tho... no pink smoke, no survivor in the water, no nothing... but one helluva strong map contact!

captgeo
06-11-09, 04:58 PM
I have even rescued them and they are underwater about 10ft....lol

If its just a radom occurence, I would sugest to ignore it, I spent time doing the "right" thing by trying to rescue the "survivour", total waist of time, didnt find them.

Armistead
06-11-09, 06:39 PM
Totally wierd, can't recall I've ever seen anything like it. Must be a RFB thing. Also for it not to be a mission, just random.

Things like that annoy me, drive me nuts until I find it. does the contact ever go away. Do you actually get it on radar...how?

Capt is prolly right....ignore it, less you'll go mad.

SgtPotato
06-11-09, 07:11 PM
the survivors that you're talking about are japanese pilots which you shot down while agos. they show up as grey icon and have no smoke to spot. Also, they're very small and it's harder to spot them visually

Akula4745
06-11-09, 09:26 PM
If it was a Japanese pilot, Sgt. Potato... I didn't shoot him down. There was absolutely zero air activity around Rabaul... and I looked for whatever it was really good. If you check out my map screenshot I was right on top of it...

Sorry Armistead... I may have said radar but I am pretty sure it was only a map contact. To be honest I didn't check the radar screen... prob should have.

Wicked Popsicle
06-11-09, 10:12 PM
I have seen it on 2 times and I play TMO 1.7. I guess its a wierd japo voddoo.They were distracting you while a whole TF is sneaking by you.

Armistead
06-11-09, 10:21 PM
Funny, a lone jap, been floating for days.

Did you take him on board or did he give you the finger before he ran himself through with his sword?

Wicked Popsicle
06-11-09, 10:32 PM
If the chance presented itself I would take my .45 shoot the sonuvabeatch in the leg and leave him for the sharks. I cant tell you how annoyed I am about those JAPO planes.

Akula4745
06-11-09, 11:17 PM
Did you take him on board or did he give you the finger before he ran himself through with his sword?

As close as I got to him he probably went through the screws a couple of times to be properly sliced and diced... that way the sharks don't have to chew each bite 30 times before they swallow him.

They were distracting you while a whole TF is sneaking by you.

Now that I would believe, Wicked... LOL

Stealhead
06-12-09, 12:14 AM
You are not able to pick up a Japanese survior so dont waste the time and dont waste the ammo on him either you may need it later he is going to die anyway just let nature take its course.The game does not inculde the chance that you could capture him for intel or that he may try to kill you so he is aof no real value at all you wont get anything for shooting him anyway besides bullet splashes and him staring at you it as if he is has been consumed by a black hole treat him like a mirage.I think they should let you capture them kill them if you like what would nice is if it was a random reward like 75 for capture 75 for killing but randomly there should be some that have important intel and those youd get 200 for saving -100 for killing because his intel was vital and lack of it cost lives. that would make you think.then it could also be random that he might have a raido and be able to call for help those uknowns would make you think. Also if saved the Jap hed show up on the roster for just the remainder of that patrol so you could use him to shine all the brass and make hammocks and to learn foul english words his entertainment value would also boost crew morale.

Sometimes an allied pilot will show up near you even if you are not on a life guard duty. Look for redish smoke you can see it for many miles if you really look if you see the guy on the map look all over with tbt or binocs maybe a few miles away you will see smoke head towards it but follow he will drift a good way.Once the guy I gave a ride to he was a good 8 miles from the map mark. They also bob in the waves so you may just be able to see thier head.do pick allied pilots you get renown for it.Also you will nver see any wreckage so dont bother looking for any hoping to find your desprate Geroge H W Bush floating near by.

PortsmouthProwler
06-12-09, 07:56 AM
"Hey, Skip! Leadbottom's comin' over! Whadda we do with Fuji???"

Sailor Steve
06-12-09, 12:27 PM
:rotfl::rock:

gimpy117
06-12-09, 03:06 PM
This is one of the most frustrating missions ever.

The 'survivors' move around on you. The map contacts are usually dated and they scoot around like they have a motor on them. I distinctly spending hours trying to chase them down.

I cant remeber exactly how to find them but I think you used sonar :o

I havent seen one of these since I installed some mods. Even if I did get this mission Im afraid I would blow it off. Good thing there only pixels.

can we make them not move very fast! If I'm gonna babysit some airmen the damn well better not move!!

ichso
06-12-09, 03:41 PM
http://cip.uni-trier.de/%7Eschmidt/sh4/nogetaway.jpg

:ping:: "Sir, there he is!"

:arrgh!:: "Dude, if you think you can get away that easily, you just don't know me too well..."

Akula4745
06-12-09, 04:35 PM
Is he dead, Ichso? LOL
Well there definitely was not one of THOSE there...

Stealhead
06-12-09, 05:06 PM
Another bonus for saving an airmen very often the aiman would invite all the subs officers over to his CV if they happened to meet up again in port and his squadron would throw a party for the subs officers.Not bad anthoer ship spending its party funds on you.

Stormende
06-20-09, 05:10 PM
What you have to do is to stand on the bridge and yell: Anyone there?!

If you get an answer, then find the guy if you do not then go home and say the guy never showed up.

:haha:

Nah, to be honest I have never got this mission, only the navy seals insertion (the one I posted the pics) they can travel submerged without any equipment!

:har:

Stormende
06-20-09, 05:11 PM
How do you get the sub emblem?

What mod is it?!

:06:

Stealhead
06-20-09, 07:12 PM
That is a skin there are tons of them look in the mods section.

Stormende
06-20-09, 07:24 PM
That is a skin there are tons of them look in the mods section.

Will do! Stealhead!

Thankx!

:yeah:

Akula4745
06-20-09, 11:06 PM
And if you get the Killflags_DIY_kit - you can make a custom one! That is how I made mine...

http://www.jimdeadman.com/towerinsignia2.jpg

Stormende
06-21-09, 01:51 AM
And if you get the Killflags_DIY_kit - you can make a custom one! That is how I made mine...

And all this time I thought that mod was to kill (eliminate) the ship's flag something to make much more difficult to ID the ship as friend of foe :damn:

Darn, promise I will at least read what each mode is about or I will miss a good one again.

:yawn:

Thankx, Captain Akula.

Akula4745
06-21-09, 05:56 AM
LOL... no sir, it is fairly easy if you have a good graphics program. If you need a hand with it PM me and I can likely help... but once you figure it out yer good to go, Captain Stormende.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Stormende
06-22-09, 04:29 PM
Akula, i got it. First downloaded a small file that I was like ftw? Is this all? But then I found the thread and downloaded the big file, now I have it.

Also I downloaded a nice skin for my S lady.

She looks shinny!

:D

Akula4745
06-22-09, 05:48 PM
Yessir the big file is the one you need... send me a pic when it get it done! I'd love to see.