PDA

View Full Version : Tench class and ST radar in TMO

Stealhead
06-08-09, 02:56 PM
Anyone else mess around with the ST radar in TMO?(only comes with the Tench class in game) I have messed with it and have found two things 1.It cant be picked up by anyone.
2. It only "works" to the fullest with map contacts on.

I figured that it cant be picked up by luring a DD between the Kurile Islands and Sakhalin with my surface radar(ST scope was down at this time) I dove ran silent and looked at him several times on the ST scope at some pionts he was only 2,000 yds away he clearly never picked up its waves though he had been lured to me by picking up my SJ-1 or SV radars waves. The ST scope does seem to help you spot ships in very poor condtions though as I was able to spot ships in Otaru port(has another name in SH4) well beyond what could be seen by the naked eye or TBT or regular night scope. One thing about the ST is it can see 360 deg. in game that is not correct it should only be able send waves just in font of the direction the ST scope is aimed also the real ST gave range of what it was looking at the Barb used thiers to judge the range of the smoke stack of a factory they where going to rocket.

Just wondering if anyone has found use for the ST scope like me or not. Also dose anyone know why we cant simply by the ST as an upgrade say for 5000 bones and mount it on any sub? When it is aviable in early 45.

I take no one has used a Tench class in TMO? Wow kind of suprising I do see that 73 people have looked at this post though you guys have no opinon at all on this topic?I guess I will check after work.Anyway I have also found a "bug" with the SV radar if you are dived at periscope deapth and raise the SV you will still get contacts for surface ships but only if you have map contacts on.(the SJ set turns off after you get below 50 ft) That must be a bug as the SV is supposed to be scanning the sky not the surface yet the game for some reason must code the SV radar wrong. Hopefuly someone who knows about this can post the guy who made TMO says the SV should not do this but it does so there must be something to it. It is almost as if the SV is an uber radar that searchs sky and air and cant be turned off which is bad as I assume someone might be able to pick up its waves.