PDA

View Full Version : faster torpedo reload

upscope
06-06-09, 02:51 PM
Newbie question:
How do I reload torpedo tubes FAST?

SteamWake
06-06-09, 03:15 PM
First uncheck 'realistic reload time' then get your crew some experience. There 'skills' will improve with experience.

Lastley make sure you do not have silent running selected.

Even then it takes a bit of time to load the tubes. Its a matter of debate but even with realistic reload times checked its still alot faster than 'real life'.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

Akula4745
06-06-09, 05:08 PM
And Mr. SteamWake forgot to add that having your crew at Battle Stations will improve reload times as it improves (raises) each compartments efficiency.

Welcome to the forums!

SteamWake
06-06-09, 05:39 PM
And Mr. SteamWake forgot to add that having your crew at Battle Stations will improve reload times as it improves (raises) each compartments efficiency.

Welcome to the forums!

Good catch, I do all these things by rote now and dont even think about it.

Besides Ive never really considered reload time an issue other than knowing it does take time and planning for it.

My usual attack conditions permitting spraying all my fore tubes into different targerts trying to get simulatious detonations. As soon as all the fore fish are swimming Its hard to starbord all ahead flank. Spin about and line up the stern tubes.

Once the stern tubes are loose (if you get the chance) its go deep and begin an evasion routine.

Very very often you wont get to use the stern shot but at least your pointed away from the threat.

Armistead
06-06-09, 07:48 PM
Make sure you place some good gun guys in there. When I'm dived, I'll often take men with high gun ratings off the deck watch and place them in the torp room. They're not doing anything else while dived, so it doesn't bother other stations and they usually have high gun ratings.