PDA

View Full Version : Look at this....

Bulkhead
06-04-09, 06:53 AM
Anyone know how to talk these guys into making anything for SH4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIz6oZbXFE8&eurl=http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php%3Fproducts_id%3D1956&feature=player_embedded

That one is for flight simulations, and they have many more where King George V came from

Bulkhead
06-04-09, 07:00 AM
http://deltasimstudio.com/

The deltasim home website

Akula4745
06-04-09, 11:03 AM
Judging by the website... I think cold hard cash would be the way to convince them. But then hey... everybody needs to make a buck!

FIREWALL
06-04-09, 11:20 AM
$99.00 US a copy !!! Their out of their minds. :o

No mod is THAT good. :nope:

Hmuda
06-04-09, 11:33 AM
That's FSX for ya. The only reason I never bought a single one from the series is that all the worthwhile mods are pay-to-play and vanilla is just too bland.

Plus I really don't have the money to buy all the hardware to fully enjoy the experience. :hmmm:

FIREWALL
06-04-09, 11:44 AM
Let's see now. :hmmm: I'll go buy a Train Sim and mod Tanks for it. :rolleyes: :nope:

Bulkhead
06-04-09, 01:54 PM
Let's see now. :hmmm: I'll go buy a Train Sim and mod Tanks for it. :rolleyes: :nope:

Sounds like an idea:DL

Bulkhead
06-04-09, 01:56 PM
I cant belive the choice they made, making ships for a flight sim....expensive or not....i think they betting in the wrong "ocean"

OrangeYoshi
06-04-09, 05:54 PM
$99.00 US a copy !!! Their out of their minds. :o

No mod is THAT good. :nope:

Isn't that illegal? Or has microsoft made a deal with the modders?

Highbury
06-04-09, 06:05 PM
I am pretty sure it is perfectly legal to charge for an addon as long as it does not contain the original game's code and does not play in a stand-alone fashion.

Over Flanders Fields charges $50 for a Microsoft CFS3 mod, lots of others do as well. And as Hmuda said, almost all of the good content for FSX costs money.

Atony94
06-13-09, 03:18 AM
wow the fricken king george battleship is $25!!!I would'nt pay a dime for a mod in my opinion it aint worth it.

and i agree with hmuda, All i have is a joystick and i bought the vanilla game. Litte did i know most people who play that game wear actual pilot uniforms and have modified their desk into a cockpit. And there I was trying to fly a bush plane in a storm wearing nothing but lucky underwear.....and my joystick.

Seeadler
06-13-09, 06:03 AM
Isn't that illegal? Or has microsoft made a deal with the modders?

It is not a mod, as there are no files of the original FSX changed.

For FSX, there is a SDK with a variety of tools available, 3D modeller can design new models (planes, ships, cars, aiports, cities, etx.), new functions for these models can be programmed because FSX offers an interface for this. Microsoft has recognized early that 3rd party developers are important for the FS community and made the SDK available with the product.

This ship is used as a third-party AddOn, as hundreds of other FSX AddOn's too. There are some manufacturers who gain their income only of making AddOn's for FSX and FS9 as payware AddOn's. Some of them are available as boxes in stores and some are only available for download.

Armistead
06-13-09, 06:06 AM
Overcharge. In reality if you check you can find plenty of mods for any game you don't have to pay for as good.

I wouldn't be against paying for a mod that actually did something major to a game.

Akula4745
06-13-09, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't be against paying for a mod that actually did something major to a game.

Ditto. It all depends I suppose...

Torplexed
06-13-09, 12:02 PM
And there I was trying to fly a bush plane in a storm wearing nothing but lucky underwear.....and my joystick.

I'm gonna file that under a didn't-need-to-know basis. :D

goldorak
06-13-09, 12:31 PM

:haha:

Guess that after many years of selling the same airplanes over and over again they had to find somthing new to sell. I mean just what are you going to do with that battleship in Fs x ? Fly her ? :har:

goldorak
06-13-09, 12:34 PM
Overcharge. In reality if you check you can find plenty of mods for any game you don't have to pay for as good.

Would you pay for GWX ? How much ? 50 $ and its not even a lot going by comparison to some add-ons in the flight simulator world.
Words are nice, but don't think for a moment that a mod like GWX which is basically a whole new game in and of itself would sell for 10$.

goldorak
06-13-09, 12:37 PM
It is not a mod, as there are no files of the original FSX changed.

For FSX, there is a SDK with a variety of tools available, 3D modeller can design new models (planes, ships, cars, aiports, cities, etx.), new functions for these models can be programmed because FSX offers an interface for this. Microsoft has recognized early that 3rd party developers are important for the FS community and made the SDK available with the product.

This ship is used as a third-party AddOn, as hundreds of other FSX AddOn's too. There are some manufacturers who gain their income only of making AddOn's for FSX and FS9 as payware AddOn's. Some of them are available as boxes in stores and some are only available for download.

Microsoft also realised very late in the game that they were cut off from a source of additional revenue. Thats one of the reasons the FS franchise was stopped. To start a new foundation for a new Flight simulator experience were MS is in control, control of the game, control of the gateway for add-on developpers to sell their content. Think of it this way : what is mine is mine, what is yours is also mine. The Microsoft way. :damn:

Navarre
06-13-09, 02:33 PM
Microsoft also realised very late in the game that they were cut off from a source of additional revenue.
That is not quite true, I worked several years for Aerosoft and commercial addon developers pay staggered royalties to Micrsoft based on estimates on how many copies of their addon's will be sold.