PDA

View Full Version : Repeating mission.

Jensthemens
06-02-09, 08:57 AM
Hi guys I'm new to these forums. Just started playing SH4 again after being put of the first time by trying 100% realistic without knowing and failing miserably:O:
I decided a couple of days ago to give it a try again and turned off some of the realistic settings. But now I have a problem, THis is what happend. I started in the Asiatic fleet based in Manila with a Salmon class aboard the USS Sturgeon. :DL
Was doing fine suddenly Manila was lost as a base and I didn't know what to do. Searched this forum and found out I could check the save game file, and my new base was Surabaya.

The second mission from Surabaya was to transport supplies to the phillipines. During this mission I got a message saying my new port was Freemantle or what's it called on the west side of Australia. Sailed there barely making it because of fuel situation. But now I get the same mission over and over again. Transport supplies to Philipines, but the problem is I can't finish it because my fuel gets to 50% before I reach the destination and that simply tells me I would not have enough fuel to get back home if I continiue.
This is my fourth attempt to do the mission. The first time I stumbled upon a huge war fleet consisting of BBs, DDs, CAs and CLs Took my chances and hit both of the BBs with 4 torps each, Lucky me no duds with the MK14 yet:yeah:.
Since I forgot to turn of battery recharge after that encounter an surfacing again I continiued with my mission getting to 50% very soon. So I turned and headed home. Second time I crossed the path of a supply convoy, sunk 2 and damaged 4:yeah:, was a stormy night so the destroyers had probem with finding me. But used alot of fuel harassing that convoy so I had to return again without completing the mission.
Now the third time I get to 50% before reaching the mission destination so I had to return again.
And when I returned I got the bloody mission again:damn: but the problem I can't reach it and I have a sneaky feeling that if I return without completing it they will send me out again on that mission.
Will it just continiue to send me on this mission or will I get a new one eventually. I also got a offer to end my captain career and become an instructor but I declined and lost all of my renown:wah:after the third attempt.

SteamWake
06-02-09, 11:40 AM
First welcome to the forums :salute:

The repeating mission is something that happens from time to time. Its like the RNG gets stuck or something.

You might want to look into some of the mods which help with this issue.

vanjast
06-02-09, 01:28 PM
I remember this was a problem with the stock game.. the Mods AFAIK corrected this.
:)

Jensthemens
06-02-09, 04:11 PM
Gotten past it now, after 6 attempts also read a thread further down about how to get max fuel efficency whitch made it possible for me to complet the mission:DL.

So what mods do you guys recommend?
Are there any beginner friendly out there?

OrangeYoshi
06-03-09, 03:01 PM
TMO used to have a Spec Ops type of flotilla you could be in (I haven't played it in a while so it might not be there anymore). He had given those flotillas alot more insert spy/commando, recon, and other special missions. RFB also cuts down/eliminates repeat missions. RFB also likes to give you a series of missions in one patrol. I.E. patrol here, then refit here, then go patrol over here. It is really fun.

Jensthemens
06-04-09, 02:22 AM
RFB sounds cool,:)
Will go check it out.

Also OrangeYoshi, are you the same orangeyoshi as in paradox forums?

OrangeYoshi
06-04-09, 04:50 PM
Also OrangeYoshi, are you the same orangeyoshi as in paradox forums?

One in the same. Might you be the same Jensthemens as in the Paradox forums? If you are, why did you hunt me? :wah: :D

I can't believe I didn't notice your name when I first replied.

Jensthemens
06-04-09, 05:04 PM
One in the same. Might you be the same Jensthemens as in the Paradox forums? If you are, why did you hunt me? :wah: :D

I can't believe I didn't notice your name when I first replied.

Nah I'm EUROO7, just found the Jensthemens name so cool:O:
Ofcours I'm the same:DL
Reason for hunt: You're stalking me :O:
No it was a random hunt. Honest.
if you wan't to discuss that matter more we can take it over at paradox.;)