PDA

View Full Version : "cannot comply"....

Bulkhead
03-19-09, 04:19 AM
.....is the message i get when i want to set speed in the XVIII. Any fix?

Captain von Keldunk
03-19-09, 09:50 AM
"cannot comply"....
Make sre you have enough crew in engine room both diesel and electric:salute:

Etienne
03-19-09, 12:01 PM
You also want to make sure your crew is relatively well rested - Have you forgotten to get them off Battlestations?

(Not that I don't do that at least once a patrol...)

Bulkhead
03-19-09, 02:09 PM
Yes, its the start of the patrol... i cant leave the base

jimbob
03-19-09, 02:25 PM
Cant leave base? As in start mission?

Probably not enuff men.

Werewolf
03-19-09, 04:06 PM
@Bulkhead:

I'm not entirely sure what the exact cause is, but your problem is definitely crew oriented. I have tried the same with boats that had been modded and where the crew settings in the submarine files had been altered. Do you have any mods installed that have had any influence on the XVIII? Try consulting the guys in the SH4 workshop, they know a lot more than I do :) I never discovered what exactly triggered this.

B-flat?
03-19-09, 05:28 PM
I had OM 700 install and activated the snorkel mod and got the same error in port. I removed the snorkel mod and the error went away. :up:

lurker_hlb3
03-19-09, 08:58 PM
The Type XVIII is "NOT" supported in OM and "WILL NOT" function.

Bulkhead
03-20-09, 07:20 AM
Ok, thanks, i use the latest RFB, and start career in XVIII-mod

dcb
03-20-09, 02:32 PM
I just experienced the "cannot comply" thing 5 minutes ago. The reason was that I had removed all crew from the stern torp room, in order to man the deck gun with them.
The second I put them back into the stern torp room, the sub started complying again and the propellers began turning.
So, I guess you must have all compartments manned in order to make the sub move.

Bulkhead
03-20-09, 07:06 PM
Well....im not sure, first: the XVIII dont have stern torp room, and the way i made it run was to apply the same numbers(S3D) to the hydrogen peroxide values i had in the diesel engines.....so what exactly is going on is a myst to me...
It obviously didnt have anything to do with the crew....:06:

lurker_hlb3
03-20-09, 07:50 PM
The problem you are having is due to the configuration of the crew to run on a "port/starboard" rotation. However the system does not like the arrangement and thinks that the subs has no crew available due to fatigue. If you go to GQ ( Battle Stations ) it will temporally fix the problem.

Polman
03-22-09, 07:03 AM
Hello,

Im playing Operation Monsun for some time now. First of all thnx for this great MOD, excelleng job, i used to be a stock player for a long time.

My problem: Everything was ok except some already known problems. Before some days i started a new patrol (January 25, 1943 with VIIC U-boat 150). The game starts but im unable to start engines.Cannot comply problem. Everything else seems to work fine I had OMV600, what i tried was:
-Ofc the battle stations thingy
-Dive, try to start with engines.
-I loaded a save i have done just before i entered base, no effect
-I even did again my last patrol, but again nothing at the new one.
-Tried to start with crew at conning tower and without
-Moved ppl around
-Installed OMV700 and patch3 when i was at base, again no effect.

Tbh im a little bit confused with conning tower and "Radio and listening rooms", but i had the same setup at my previous patrol so dunno whats wrong. Here is a SS from the sub management:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/794/sh4img20090322135838906.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh4img20090322135838906.jpg)

Thanx
P.S. Sry for my egnlish

lurker_hlb3
03-22-09, 09:28 AM
Hello,

Im playing Operation Monsun for some time now. First of all thnx for this great MOD, excelleng job, i used to be a stock player for a long time.

My problem: Everything was ok except some already known problems. Before some days i started a new patrol (January 25, 1943 with VIIC U-boat 150). The game starts but im unable to start engines.Cannot comply problem. Everything else seems to work fine I had OMV600, what i tried was:
-Ofc the battle stations thingy
-Dive, try to start with engines.
-I loaded a save i have done just before i entered base, no effect
-I even did again my last patrol, but again nothing at the new one.
-Tried to start with crew at conning tower and without
-Moved ppl around
-Installed OMV700 and patch3 when i was at base, again no effect.

Tbh im a little bit confused with conning tower and "Radio and listening rooms", but i had the same setup at my previous patrol so dunno whats wrong. Here is a SS from the sub management:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/794/sh4img20090322135838906.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh4img20090322135838906.jpg)

Thanx
P.S. Sry for my egnlish

If I understand correctly your trying to play a campaign from OMv600 on top of OMv700. If that is correct then your going to have to start a "new" campaign. There were some changes that were made to the Uboats themselves that is causing your problem. You will have to start a new campaign

Polman
03-22-09, 09:38 AM
thnx for the reply.

i first encountered the problem with OMV600.
I had OMV700 but not installed. Wanted to do a full campaign first to see if i like it without a lot of realism and TMO.
I installed OMV700 as a try to fix it. But didnt solve it.

But i guess im starting a new one. But its rly strange why this happened. Since i only had OMV600 and patch, no other mod.

lurker_hlb3
03-22-09, 01:03 PM
thnx for the reply.

i first encountered the problem with OMV600.
I had OMV700 but not installed. Wanted to do a full campaign first to see if i like it without a lot of realism and TMO.
I installed OMV700 as a try to fix it. But didnt solve it.

But i guess im starting a new one. But its rly strange why this happened. Since i only had OMV600 and patch, no other mod.

This is the reason why your having the problems

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1047507&postcount=1160