PDA

View Full Version : slide ruler

I'm goin' down
02-17-09, 10:00 PM
Is their supposed to be a slide ruler on the map screen for RFB/RSRDC? I thought I had one on my map screen, but when I reloaded the mods due to computer problems, I do not see it.

Also, does anyone know where I can download a slide ruler mod as an alternative?

Rockin Robbins
02-18-09, 06:29 AM
You've lost Hitman and Nisgeis' in-game TSAC, Torpedo Spread Angle Calculator, perhaps? That one appears on your attack screen. If what you are missing is on your nav map it is the nomograph, which is part of RFB. In that case you have to uninstall your mods, redownload RFB, reinstall your mods and enjoy the nomograph again. These mods can try men's souls...

I'm goin' down
02-18-09, 02:57 PM
Here are some more, interesting facts. I play RFB/RSRDC, current version, with Hitman's TSAC v2.1 mod, mini_toolschrono mod, and a Killflags boat (USS Gar, SS206) mod designed by Digitail_Trucker (after using all sorts of mods in the stock game, I concluded that less is more.). The TSAC v2.1 chart appeared on the Attack Map, but the nomograph did not.

Per you post, I deactived all mods, extracted new RFB/RSRDC files and activated them via JGSME. The nomograph appeared. Delighted, I exited the game, and reinstalled Hitman's TSAC v2.1 mod. The TSAC v2.1 chart appeared on the Attack Map, but the nomograph disappeared. It appears to have been overwritten by the TSAC v2.1 mod.

I exited the program, uninstalled the TSAC v2.1 mod and restarted the program. The nomograph reappeard.

Undaunted, I created an TSAC v2.1.ini notepad file by copying the data contained in the TSAC v2.1 Readme file, moved it to the ini file in the main SH4 folder, and acitvated it via JTeX. Then I reinstalled the TSAC v2.1 mod. I restarted the program. Again, the nomograph disappeared, while the TSAC v2.1 chart appeared on the Attack Map

Not one to give up easily, I deactivated the TSAC v2.1 mod - first deactivating the mod stored in JTex, and then uninstalling it via JGSME. I exited the program and restarted it.. The TSAC v2.1 chart disappeared, and the nomograhp reappeared. I exited the program.

Charging forward one last time, I reinstalled the TSAC v2.1 mod in reverse order, first installing the TSAC v2.1 mod and second activating the ini file via JTex. I started a new mission. The nomograph disappeared. The TSAC v2.1 chart was on the Attack Map.

Convinced that the TSAC v2.1 mod has been overwriting the RFB nomograph, I uninstalled the TSAC v2.1 mod and the deactived the ini file via JTex. I exited and restarted the program, restarted the mission. Guess what? The nomograph reappeared. Bottom line, it appears that the TSAC v2.1 mod overwrites the nomograph. Since Nisgeis produced a pdf of TSAC v2.1 mod, I have decided to use that and give up on trying to have the chart appear on the Attack Map via the JGSME or Jex using Hitman's TSAC v2.1 mod.

Two other problems: On two occasions, home base sent me on a patrol with no torpedoes. Base refused to reload. I wonder if this is related to the installation of the TSAC v2.1 mod. Since I have abandoned using it, I wonder if this issue will go away? (I do not expect an answer to this question.)

Also, the boat built by Digital_Trcuker has a stern mounted deck gun which I activated in port. However, the boat has no deck gun that can be observed when it is surfaced. The skin on the boat and the emblem seem to be as designed. This is not related the TSAC v2.1 mod issue, as I checked it out on a test mission after I had deactivated the TSAC v2.1 mod, and there sitll is no deck gun. (But the nomograhp is on the Nav Map!!!)

Incidentally, the mini_toolschrono mod, which I activated last, works great.