PDA

View Full Version : Rather strange damage.

breadcatcher101
02-11-09, 08:48 AM
Recently had a bad experience with a Akizuki that destroyed my aft diving planes along with other major damage. All was repaired with the exception of the planes of course but for some reason the boat had lost the function of the rudder. No damage was indicated and it has me puzzled. Maybe the planes were damaged so badly they were tangled with the rudder? Or maybe a bug?

We managed to beach the boat on Luzon and enjoy the company of the friendly natives. My crew and I do like their cooking, they make a type of egg roll and a dish with angel hair pasta, pork (we hope), carrots and cabbage they call pansit and laumpia or something like that.

Anyway, never did get that rudder porblem fixed, and we are due a lot of back-pay.

neosnk35
02-11-09, 08:57 AM
that happen to me too.. aft drive planes transmission destroyed no way of turning the boat, just ahead and reverse.. i look to it by freecam and my rudder was gone.. but it says that only the dive planes was destroyed.. nothing said that rudder was destroyed too...

i think the rudder is tied with those dive planes.. everytime my aft dive planes was destroyed i lose the rudder control...

breadcatcher101
02-11-09, 09:35 AM
Must be it then, no other reason.

Dread Knot
02-11-09, 10:00 AM
yeah....I've had the missing rudder thing too. You end up feeling like the captain of the Bismarck. :x At least there the British came along to end the misery.

SteamWake
02-11-09, 10:19 AM
Yep rudder gone? Game over.

Why they dident model individual control for the engines ... well we dont really know. But its a sorely missing aspect.

BTW got to love those 'sturdy island women'

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/UlteriorModem/ctc_04_img1087.jpg

breadcatcher101
02-11-09, 11:59 AM
I tell you, Steamwake, my first wife was from Manila. What a fox. Her mother could cook the items I mentioned. Good stuff, very tasty. My ex never learned how.

neosnk35
02-12-09, 06:40 AM
i live near manila.. oh i know taht foods.. its almost everywhere here.. but their originally chinese food(supposed to be)..

tater
02-12-09, 09:46 AM
In Pigboat 39 I remember them having a drunken night out (that's redundant, isn't it?) and the skipper saying next time they'd have a Balut eating contest (they had tried it that night).

^^^that's a good book, BTW.