PDA

View Full Version : Ship Upgrades.

CanadianMinnow
02-07-09, 05:44 PM
Hello,

I was just wondering since I cant find anything with the search function, but is there a chart or guide anywhere that shows the upgrades and their specs for your sub?

I have a bunch of new upgrades available for my sub(deck guns, AA guns, sensors) and I dont know what any of them are. I upgraded by 3 50cal deck gun to a 5 25cal and I no longer has access to AP rounds, just HE and flak(AA). What does a 4 50cal deck gun bring? Whats the difference between all the sensor upgrades and all the torpedoes in the game.

So if anyone has any information or a guide/link that can answer any of my questions it would by much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hmuda
02-08-09, 02:18 AM
Just click on the upgrade you want to know more about and there should be a little window that will list all the nencessary parameters of said device. You can even compare old and new parts, as there are two windows, one for the things on your ship and one for things in the list on the left of the screen.

Red Lord of Chaos
02-08-09, 08:25 AM
3 50 is a 3" diameter deck gun
4 50 is a 4" diameter deck gun, with larger shells, but still the same AP HE loadout.
The 5 25 is a 5" dual purpose gun with the ability to engage aircraft at long range. AP shells are removed because subs aren't supposed to go toe to toe with Battleships on the surface.
Improved sensors, (air search radar and surface search radar) give increased range to detect units, historically they shouldn't give bearing to aircraft contacts (at least till later in the war) but that isn't modeled and you get all the relavent info from the start.
AA guns are single 20mm Oerlikon weapons, dual 20mm (increased rate of fire) and 40mm Bofors with increased range and hitting power.