PDA

View Full Version : Can I hide the message window?

Private-Cowboy
02-04-09, 04:19 PM
Hi there,

I'm starting to play a bit of SH4 again lately (new rig) and enjoy the game quite a bit now with high level AA and such.

On thing that bothers me is the message window (which shows a written version of crew callouts - I hope you know what I mean).

Is there any way to disable or hide that window?

Best regards...

Red Lord of Chaos
02-04-09, 05:41 PM
If you mouse over the text a scroll bar should appear, along with a - and X, the rest should be clear.

Krishna
02-04-09, 07:33 PM
Is there a way to lock it's position/opacity/size in a way that will hold when reloading?

I find that even once I've ticked the upper left box to lock it, it's position and settings are reset next time I load a save.

(Same for the status icons.)

tomoose
02-05-09, 07:42 AM
Krishna, yes, there is a way to pre-position, lock and permanently keep transparent. I can't remember the thread but if you do a search using "message box" or a combo thereof you'll probably find it. It's just a matter of changing some numbers in one of the menu files using Notepad. I'm sure someone will post the link soon enough if you can't find it yourself.
:up:

Private-Cowboy; If you're not interested in the above but want the message box completely out of the way I think it's possible to 'grab' it and simply slide it 'behind' your command bar icons (or most of it).

Private-Cowboy
02-05-09, 02:59 PM
Thank you for you help.