PDA

View Full Version : why does my boat just stop?

loftyc
01-28-09, 10:27 AM
there I am, just cruising away, and then my boat just stops.what is it that I should be doing with the crew? For that matter, what am I supposed to be doing with the crew ever? I'm very much in the dark as far a s that goes - do I need to direct them to do anything, what to do about damge, etc. How do I know if something is being done?

Gato76
01-28-09, 10:33 AM
Secure from battle station

Webster
01-28-09, 11:05 AM
in sh3 you had to replace tired crew as needed but in sh4 it is done for you but not during battle stations.

at battle stations the crew can get tired and act slower than normal and even go to sleep on you in some cases. think of battle stations as standing at attention, you do it for short periods only when needed so your crew is fresh and ready for action.

banjo
01-28-09, 11:20 AM
There is an icon in your task bar that activates your damage crew. Going to Battle Stations also does that. Whether or not you activate your damage crew your regular crew will start to repair any damage incurred. The damage control party helps get it done faster. To see what is being done go to your damage screen (Y key in stock and latest TMO--otherwise go to F7 and then click on the damage repair icon--you'll see it). At this screen you will see a small box in the center. That is the damage orders box--tells you what is being repaired in what order. You can click on the items and change the order if you want. Did you read the manual?
As stated above, if you forget to take your crew off Battle Stations they will become exhausted and the boat will stop.
Otherwise you do not have to do anything with your crew--they function and rest automatically.

Soundman
01-28-09, 02:48 PM
This may sound obvious, but are you setting a course and coming to the end of course, whereby the boat will stop? If you set a command to continue (ahead 1/3 or whatever), what happens?

gimpy117
01-28-09, 06:38 PM
did you get attacked and are your diesels damaged??

what about fuel??

can fuel leak in game BTW??

most likely it's the battle stations problem though...

loftyc
01-30-09, 07:47 PM
note to self: secure from battle stations. yup, that cured the first concern - thanks! and thanks for all the other info; I'll put it to use, just as soon as I can get my new computer, with vista, to run the game - aaarrrrggghhhhh!! what the hell is a "run point" ?!

steinbeck
02-02-09, 04:50 PM
there I am, just cruising away, and then my boat just stops.what is it that I should be doing with the crew? For that matter, what am I supposed to be doing with the crew ever? I'm very much in the dark as far a s that goes - do I need to direct them to do anything, what to do about damge, etc. How do I know if something is being done?

Have you left the crew at 'Battle Stations' for a long time? They will stop and rest themselves, causing the boat to stop!

The crew will normally rest etc by themselves, and you should have some of them in 'Damage Control' so if any damage occurs they will repair it without orders.

steinbeck

SteamWake
02-02-09, 05:08 PM
Run out of gas ? :03:

No really the most likely is you left them at battle stations for days on end.

FIREWALL
02-02-09, 05:54 PM
Run out of gas ? :03:

No really the most likely is you left them at battle stations for days on end.

You beat me to it. :haha:

Pisces
02-02-09, 07:20 PM
note to self: secure from battle stations. yup, that cured the first concern - thanks! and thanks for all the other info; I'll put it to use, just as soon as I can get my new computer, with vista, to run the game - aaarrrrggghhhhh!! what the hell is a "run point" ?!Not sure. Do you mean in the context of Vista, or Silenthunter/naval/maritime related things? Please elaborate.