PDA

View Full Version : Event camera on/off?

Samu*
01-28-09, 08:25 AM
I'm sorry if this is some sort of FAQ -question, but I'm having problems with my event camera.

Even if I want most realistic experience from SHIV, I can look my sub from outside view? I'm asking because I havent played this game for year until now, so I continue my old career but I just cant recall realism settings what I chose at spring 2008 :(

Seems like I'm able to look my sub from bird perspective (those buttons are enabled at the Radio & Gramofon -place), but I cant get my event camera working.
Is the event camera the very camera that shows outside view when you launch your torpedos? And when those torpedos hit enemy ship, or make nearby miss? Like in SHIII? At SHIII one could choose not to enable outside views but still one had this nice event camera showing torpedos on route and hits, sinking enemy ships, etc.

I'm having European keyboard and I only assume that the right button for enabling event camera is the next one from Right Shift? The "-" -key?

Or does one have to choose event camera on/off from realism settings before each patrol?

So sorry for dumb questions but I have been away from SH4 for ages :/

drazic
01-28-09, 08:43 AM
there are only dumb answers.
the event cam is just to follow your torps. (little screen "in screen") and check out ships sinkin while submerged.
the birds view or outside camera is the "next unit" command (; on my keyboard ) (EUR.)
and the bird view is the F11 key (external camera )
grtz

Rockin Robbins
01-28-09, 09:22 AM
The event camera has to be turned on and off in the captain's office ashore if you are playing a career. It also comes on when you are being dive bombed by a plane. I found it such a nuisance that I switched it off. I have the external camera if I want to appreciate eye candy. But I can choose to leave the external camera off and play realistically when in contact with the enemy. The event camera comes on whenever it feels like it and obscures whatever it wants to. Personally I don't like it.

Samu*
01-28-09, 09:23 AM
Thanks!

So you confirm that the event camera should be able to switch on/off even if one is disabled all outside views from realism settings before starting the patrol?
And the right button for it is the "-" key at euro keyboards?

Seems like mine wont just go "on". I'll tap it several times before my torps hit the enemy ship but nothing happes, no little screen about sunking enemy ship (like in SHIII) or no opening torpedo tube hatches etc. :/

EDIT:

Thanks Robbins! Maybe I've accidentally turned mine off when I started this current patrol at year ago. Well now I know :)

Paul Roberts
01-28-09, 09:35 AM
Thanks!

So you confirm that the event camera should be able to switch on/off even if one is disabled all outside views from realism settings before starting the patrol?
And the right button for it is the "-" key at euro keyboards?

Seems like mine wont just go "on". I'll tap it several times before my torps hit the enemy ship but nothing happes, no little screen about sunking enemy ship (like in SHIII) or no opening torpedo tube hatches etc. :/

EDIT:

Thanks Robbins! Maybe I've accidentally turned mine off when I started this current patrol at year ago. Well now I know :)

Well, you can never manually turn the event camera on. It comes on when it wants to, generally in response to a torpedo approaching a ship's hull, a ship finally sinking, or an aircraft coming in for the attack. Sometimes it will come on when a torpedo is at the point of impact (according to your stopwatch) but there is no ship nearby, but this doesn't always happen.

You do have the option to turn it off when it pops up, however. I believe the "/" key does this.

Soundman
01-28-09, 07:47 PM
I don't use it either, but as RR says, you need to be aware the options for careers are on the bookshelf in the office before you patrol. As for keyboard commands for the event camera, use the "F1" key and you can view all the commands while in game. This can be toggled on and off. Heck, when you look at the commands available, you will probably find a few handy commands you never even knew existed.:lol: