PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Reviewer

Bis71
01-27-09, 09:17 AM
As some of you may know, I write reviews - lots of reviews. I don't have time to get really good at any one game and usually can't play a game again until six months after I fininsh a piece. Also, I am not, my detractors notwithstanding, a fanboy of any developer or system. John Tiller is one of my favorite developers but I've been dinging him on his graphics and AI lately.

Jutland and Russo-Japanese War are exceptions to this rule. These games give me all I want as a gamer and a historian. I squeeze in a scenario in at least once a week even the day after wrapping up a review. SES' support has ne equal. Patches and improvement come immediately and not a month or two after a bug or a request is noted.

I'm so entranced by the games that I'm saving to buy a high-end rig so I can play at the best levels. One of the few reasons I'm looking forward to retirement is that I can spend more time on campaigns, MP and scenario editing/creation.

Supremacy at Sea may have a broader scope but, as it's turn-based, comparing the two games is unfair to both. The SES games will draw me back as long as the energy grid is still around to power my computer.

Bullethead
01-27-09, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the props :)