PDA

View Full Version : For a Beginner

Lawman253
01-27-09, 01:14 AM
Gentlemen,

I am not a Die Hard Sim man but love these games. I have purchased and downloaded the U Boat add ons and am going to attempt the mods here. The question I have is while playing the German Career I cannot select the Type VIII Boat and really dont know why. is this an unlock or a reknown choice later?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Torplexed
01-27-09, 07:47 AM
You can't select a Type VIII, because historically none where used in the Pacific or Indian Oceans. They simply didn't have the range to operate there. The Germans used Type IXs exclusively for their Far Eastern bases, (although the U-Boat add on can give you the exotic Walther boat).

ReallyDedPoet
01-27-09, 07:56 AM
Welcome to SUBSIM :yep::up:

Yeah as Torplexed mentioned, they are not available, but I am sure at some point they will be modded in.

RDP

Fish40
01-27-09, 07:57 AM
If you install the mod "Operation Monsoon" found in the ATO mods section, this will add an Atlantic campaign amongst others to the game. You will be able to choose the VII here. As a matter of fact, I'm currently patrolling the Western Approaches in 41' in my VIIc:lol:

ReallyDedPoet
01-27-09, 07:59 AM
Nice :D, I did not know OM had it, thanks for clearing that one up :up:

RDP

Lawman253
01-27-09, 12:11 PM
Thank you guys.. it was the Walther Boat in which I was referring I can only select the one sub. I really appreciate the input and will definately try out the Mods. Thank you again for the assistance. I'm sure I will have more questions later.