PDA

View Full Version : Daytime/Nighttime Bug. Any fixes?

banjo
01-25-09, 06:02 PM
Has anyone ever determined what causes the in-game time to shift--sometimes as much as 12 hours. That's when the sun goes down at 11 p.m. and comes up at 11 a.m. for example, like in summer. I suspect TC except when it happened to me today I really hadn't upped the TC much--maybe 2048 at the most. This only happens to me once in a while and I can't figure out why. Also, anyone come up with a fix? I have to get back to port to set it right. Just exiting and re-entering the game won't do it for me.

Thanks.

Paul Roberts
01-25-09, 06:43 PM
The clock shows the time at your base. As you move several time zones away from base, sundown and sunset will seem pretty odd.

Unless, of course, you're talking about a bug I haven't seen yet.

Torplexed
01-25-09, 08:50 PM
The clock shows the time at your base. As you move several time zones away from base, sundown and sunset will seem pretty odd.

Unless, of course, you're talking about a bug I haven't seen yet.

Correct. If your clock stuck back on Pearl Harbor time reads 0800 that means it's 0400 off the coast of Japan. That's why the sunrise comes later and later each day you cruise across the Pacific. Too bad there isn't a way to set a ship time.

Don't get me started on the International Date Line. Makes me go cross-eyed. :huh: Luckily, they don't simulate it in the game.

AVGWarhawk
01-25-09, 09:24 PM
Yes, even the Germans kept the time as it was in Germany if I'm not mistaken. It does seem odd to surface at 11AM and it is pitch black.

Torplexed
01-25-09, 09:44 PM
Yes, even the Germans kept the time as it was in Germany if I'm not mistaken. It does seem odd to surface at 11AM and it is pitch black.
The Japanese Navy always kept Tokyo time. Some of the new ratings aboard the ships used in the Midway operation thought they were entering a odd place in the world indeed, where the sun rose at three o'clock in the morning . :sunny:

Paul Roberts
01-26-09, 09:54 AM

I believe the plan was to keep the whole Reich on Berlin time after the war. No decadent new-fangled "time zones" for the Volk of the New World!

No doubt any seditious talk of "daylight savings" would get you a quick trip to a Gestapo basement...

banjo
01-26-09, 11:13 AM
Thanks. Maybe the time zone thing is the answer. I was out of Pearl when it happened this time.

Fincuan
01-26-09, 11:45 AM
Time zones wouldn't explain a time change of 12 hours. My bet is on TC, or alt+tabbing as that is known to cause lots of odd things.

banjo
01-26-09, 04:15 PM
I never alt-tab, but I am back in the game heading for the south china sea out of Midway so I will pay attention to the sun times.

FIREWALL
01-26-09, 04:33 PM
Maybe this will help with those Bugs :lol:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5302/pantyraid12335gl3.jpg

Munchausen
01-26-09, 05:57 PM
:cool: I was gonna check Circuit City's computer section for a can of that Raid ... but they were closed. Too bad, 'cause I needed it (to kill the above "time corruption" bug).

Yes, SH4 runs on "base time" ... but I've gotten back to base (after being out on patrol for almost two real months) and found the sun still didn't know what time it was.