PDA

View Full Version : What the hell!? Why are my save games suddenly corrupting?

GreyKnight
01-25-09, 01:23 PM
This is so annoying :down:

Suddenly every time I load a save game in SH4 the loading sequence gets right to the end and the PLEASE WAIT message disappears, then the "Windows must close this non-responsive program" message comes up and the game crashes.

This applies to every save game in the list that has been made in the past day or two, all the ones prior still load fine.

I have changed nothing about the game, no settings, no mods, nothing. I haven't even installed anything new on the computer!

Anybody else had this problem suddenly crop up?

I'm going to have to go back to a much earlier save game and see if it's the specific mission I'm on or something.

I did change my deck gun from a 4 50 deck gun to a 5 25 gun, but that was all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Graham

Fincuan
01-25-09, 01:40 PM
That 5 inch gun might be what triggered the problem. At one point you might have installed a mod which wasn't quite compatible with the previous mods, but the problem didn't surface until with the installation of the new gun.

I came across the same thing after installing OpMonsun patch 2: My saves wouldn't load no matter what, and I hadn't installed anything on the boat yet. Starting a new career fixed things, and I might also have deleted everything except the five .cfgs in My Documents/SH4. This is usually a good precaution after installing any major mods, since it makes sure nothing remains from the old mods.