PDA

View Full Version : Question about saves

Werewolf
01-24-09, 09:42 PM
Hello :D

Think you all know it, one starts up a lot of careers just to see how it is and explore the game or they get uncompatible due to mod installations and all of a sudden you have so many of them. I want to delete the careers that are no longer of any use to tidy up the menu, this may sound dumb, but how do I do this? There is no delete menu in the campaign menu, is it safe to delete them manually in the SH4 folder placed in the documents folder or will this screw up the game some how?

Torplexed
01-24-09, 10:16 PM
You can delete them from outside the program. From the desktop they will be located in the Documents/sh4/data/cfg/saved games folder. The annoying thing is they're not named like in the game . They're given numbers like 00000002,00000003,00000004, etc. The highest number is your most recent saved career so be careful if there is something you want to spare.

Werewolf
01-25-09, 07:05 AM
@Torplexed:

Thanks for the reply :) Yeah I knew about that option, but my concern was if it would screw up the game, but now I can see that others do it without problems, so thanks :up:

AVGWarhawk
01-25-09, 08:15 AM
What I do is go to MY DOCUMENTS, inside you will find the SH4 saves folder. There will be two files inside that folder, save and rich saved games. You can delete both of these. Just be aware that it will delete every game and you will loose any career you are working on. You can also delete within the game. When you go to save your game, the other saves will be listed. Highlight the one you want to delete and you should be able to delete it.

ancient46
01-25-09, 12:33 PM
Start any save you want to keep and go to the menu screen. Click on "Save Game" and find the delete button at the bottom of the box. Highlight the save you want to delete and hit it. Repeat until done. I find it a whole lot easier than clicking my way through to the save files outside the game.

If you want to do it manually look in each Save Game folder for the ReplayInfo.rep file and open it. This file will tell you the name you entered when it was saved.

drazic
01-27-09, 12:28 PM
or just right-click on the saved game in documents and you can see what time it was saved