PDA

View Full Version : Hydrophones

Vandrith
01-24-09, 07:10 PM
I understand how to use these guys for the most part but my problem is... When I'm running my career I can't use them the way I could in the tutorial, anybody want to tell me what I could do to change this? Also, maybe changing keybindings too. Thanks for the help.

tomoose
01-24-09, 08:53 PM
Not sure what issue you're referring to. The hydrophones are fully useable in career mode (I haven't used the U-boat side yet only U.S.). Is there a problem with the keys, functionality or what?

Vandrith
01-25-09, 02:04 PM
Well,maybe it has to do with my realism settings but I can't control where my hydrophones are directed. As for the key thing, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to change keys. Does that make sense?

Soundman
01-25-09, 03:41 PM
Well,maybe it has to do with my realism settings but I can't control where my hydrophones are directed. As for the key thing, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to change keys. Does that make sense?

I'm using TMO and the key commands may be different, but for me it's the "H" key to bring up the sonar. Once there, you should be able to use the mouse scroll wheel to move the bearing or you can simply click on a bearing (outer ring of sonar) to listen there.

Vandrith
01-25-09, 06:15 PM
Yeah, but when I click the bearing it doesn't work for me. But it worked in the tutorial...

Torplexed
01-25-09, 07:46 PM
You can also use the 'home' and 'end' keys to swing the bearing indicator arrow around.

Vandrith
01-25-09, 08:23 PM
I'll try that then. Thanks. I never got the manual or anything with my game either...

AVGWarhawk
01-25-09, 09:37 PM
For some reason, some of the models of subs do not allow you to click the sonar on the screen to make it sweep. You have to use the HOME and END key. I forget what subs that are affected by that. Original issue with the game I believe.

Vandrith
01-25-09, 10:08 PM
Well, Home and End work. Thanks guys! Now if only the Tambor had more fishes.... :lol: