PDA

View Full Version : Two issues ~ RADAR not functioning, and Lookouts Don't "Look Out" (RFB)

jazzabilly
01-20-09, 10:02 PM
Running RFB 1.52, RSRDC. Some skins. (please note - not 'blaming' RFB, just mentioned it in the title to give context)

I am on my 3rd patrol in a Porpoise Class boat, and 'purchasd' an air search radar set. However, the set won't turn on. Very troubling with a/c about. Operator not reporting any contacts when there are clearly a number to be seen.

My lookouts have gone to sleep! Not only do they readily lose sight of established contacts, in good weather, and they commonly don't even notice ships that are @ medium range or less! It hasn't killed me yet, but it came damned close on two occasions. It will, eventually. Going to GQ in the presence of known enemy units has not helped, either.

Sorry if this is a repeat thread - looked around quite a bit before posting. Search function is limited on this one.

Thanks for any replies.

Kptlt. Neuerburg
01-20-09, 10:46 PM
The radar issue is one that I've always hated. You have to BOTH surface and air search radar for eather to work at all. As for the watch crew sleeping I've never had that problem but I'm sure someone else has :yep:. Will Ubisoft fix any of the bugs that are still in SH4, probably not considering that they never finished SH3.

jazzabilly
01-20-09, 11:15 PM
I see this is addressed in the latest patch

>>-Improved visual spotting routines for the bridge watch

Once again, there is a solution that I find after I post. ARRRRGH!

Sorry, RFB cats. I'm trying....

LukeFF
01-21-09, 03:22 AM
The radar issue is one that I've always hated. You have to BOTH surface and air search radar for eather to work at all.

Incorrect. Either radar set works perfectly fine when installed on its own. It's the lack of a radar display for the SD (and SV) radar that has people confused.