PDA

View Full Version : SH4 - Has jelly water been resolved?

MarkShot
01-17-09, 11:06 PM
I haven't played in a long time.

One question - has the jelly water effect been resolved in either v1.5, TMO, or RFB?

Thanks.

Soundman
01-18-09, 10:26 AM
The newer mods have improved it some. From my understanding, the main cause of this effect is from using extreme time compression when playing. I'm using TMO and EE5.0 and almost never see this effect any more.

Munchausen
01-18-09, 02:19 PM
Not sure if this will help. I haven't tried it yet, myself ... waiting until I finish my current patrol.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133588

Rockin Robbins
01-18-09, 02:31 PM
Weirdly enough, MarkShot, I've never seen the jelly water. It's like the Loch Ness Monster for me. I can only conclude that it is an effect of a combination of software or a combination of hardware and software that I don't have.

Glad to see you around again! I hope somebody does enough research on the jelly water to determine what causes it and I'd love to see what it looks like in a video.

MarkShot
01-18-09, 07:05 PM
I'll give that fix a try next time.

At the moment, I haven't been patrolling very much. I need to get back to AOD, SHCE, SH3/GW3, SH4/RFB, and SH4/TMO. There just isn't enough time!

banjo
01-18-09, 07:14 PM
It comes and goes for me. I incline toward the high TC theory. And for me jelly water and jiggly water are two different phenomena. I experience both. Both appear and disappear.

MarkShot
01-18-09, 07:20 PM
Is this like Eskimos have seven different words for snow?

SH4 players have seven different words for jello! :)

MarkShot
01-18-09, 07:21 PM
SH3 has that howling wind that stays with you in your sleep! Dive down to 300M and the wind is still howling.

Torplexed
01-18-09, 07:55 PM
SH3 has that howling wind that stays with you in your sleep! Dive down to 300M and the wind is still howling.
That always was very disconcerting. :lol: Dammit! All this wind and the boat's interior is still damp.