PDA

View Full Version : Dec 3 '41 Patrol

TheOx
01-17-09, 06:36 PM
Wheres a good place to go for this patrol? All I can ever find is US ships, and I'm not heading into a harbor just yet. Any tips?

tomoose
01-17-09, 09:04 PM
Am I reading right? 3 Dec 41 (4 days before Pearl Harbor attack). There's no "enemy" ships at this time so no wonder you're only seeing US ships, LOL.

donut
01-17-09, 09:11 PM
Am I reading right? 3 Dec 41 (4 days before Pearl Harbor attack). There's no "enemy" ships at this time so no wonder you're only seeing US ships, LOL.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :yep: :up: :doh:

Paul Roberts
01-17-09, 09:14 PM
<Movie Trailer>
"December 3, 1941. A World on the Brink of War. One Man Saw It Coming!"
</Movie Trailer>

Sledgehammer427
01-17-09, 09:30 PM
lmfao

TheOx
01-17-09, 11:44 PM
Awesome, I ask for tips and I get 3 chuckleheads who don't realize by the time you're on station in the Marshalls its roughly December 18th.

Anyone out there with a clue, I've tried in between Guam and Truk with no sightings other than US traffic, no sightings of the invasion fleet at Wake, etc. I ended up eliminating some undefended merchant traffic tied up in the harbor at Saipan.

Sledgehammer427
01-18-09, 03:19 AM
well, since you so gratefully called me a chucklehead,
i should not tell you the information i am about to divulge.
therfore, you shall recieve it in code

ifyoureallyverybadlywanttosinktheenemyshipsthatare helpingtheenemywareffortyoumustheadforthehornetsne stdotdotdotthatsrightperiodjapan

Freiwillige
01-18-09, 06:39 AM
ifyoureallyverybadlywanttosinktheenemyshipsthatare helpingtheenemywareffortyoumustheadforthehornetsne stdotdotdotthatsrightperiodjapan

:rotfl:

tomoose
01-18-09, 09:13 AM
No offence intended, I actually thought the date was a typo.:smug:
If you're running the game stock (i.e. out of the box, no mods) you're probably going to be frustrated and annoyed with the "historical" aspects of the game. The locations of enemy ships and their routes is poorly done.
I highly recommend you grab either the TMO or RFB mod in conjunction with RSRD. It strives for more historical accuracy with regard to shipping lanes among other things.
:up:

Soundman
01-18-09, 10:20 AM
No offence intended, I actually thought the date was a typo.:smug:
If you're running the game stock (i.e. out of the box, no mods) you're probably going to be frustrated and annoyed with the "historical" aspects of the game. The locations of enemy ships and their routes is poorly done.
I highly recommend you grab either the TMO or RFB mod in conjunction with RSRD. It strives for more historical accuracy with regard to shipping lanes among other things.
:up:

This is good advice. In addition, here's a short post on how RSRDC can be advantageous... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=146177

When you read the above thread, you'll know why I'm giving you this link showing a list of historical naval battles.... http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133064 Print this list out, it will be invaluble when using RSRDC.... Good Luck!

gimpy117
01-18-09, 02:32 PM
Wheres a good place to go for this patrol? All I can ever find is US ships, and I'm not heading into a harbor just yet. Any tips?

ok...here's an Idea

go to Tokyo Harbor...wait till Dec.7, Submerge...and wait

TheOx
01-18-09, 06:28 PM
I'm running RFB 1.4 atm, will have to try the RSRDC add-on you mentioned for more realism.

At the beginning of the war, is the Asiatic posting or the Pearl posting more beneficial? Havent tried starting as Asiatic yet, but I imagine its around Manila or Singapore so a shorter trip to Japanese Home Islands. Imagine it could be quite hairy at war start though. Suggestions are welcome. Trying to play full real with "dead is dead".

breadcatcher101
01-18-09, 09:06 PM
It would be kind of neat if you could in fact intercept the carrier task force headed towards Pearl and call it in then be given the order to attack.