PDA

View Full Version : "Set as default action" reset?

Wolfhound
01-17-09, 05:41 PM
I've done a few patrols in SH4 and for some reason, "maintain current orders" apparently got selected as the "default action" for when an aircraft is spotted. So now, every time my watch spots an aircraft time compression goes to 1 without the "aircraft spotted" box.

More than a bit of an annoyance to be smoothly sailing along and then under attack from a torpedo bomber or dive bomber with precious little time to react. I can't find anything about this in the manual so does anyone know how to reset this?

Hmuda
01-17-09, 07:05 PM
Are you sure you don't just spot the planes on radar? That usually resets time-compression, but the action-window will not come up until actual visual contact with the planes.

EDIT: if you're 100% sure about visual contact then try saving/reloading your game. That usually resets it.

Wolfhound
01-17-09, 09:49 PM
I figured it out. The whole thing resets when you begin a new patrol anyhow.

_alphaBeta_
05-03-14, 08:34 PM
Yes, I'm aware this thread is old, but I was about to post the same question. How does one reset the default selection? I don't want to wait until my next patrol. This information must be stored somewhere, and I'm suprisingly coming up short in searching for it.

merc4ulfate
05-04-14, 07:07 AM
There is no reset until you begin a new patrol. Once a default setting is check in the box ... it becomes the default setting. That is the reason you check it in the first place so you do not have to for th rest of the patrol.

If you do not wish it to be "default" ... then do not check the box.