PDA

View Full Version : Which Mod Allows Opposing Task Forces To Fight Each Other?

blackhorsecav
01-16-09, 03:55 PM
Not sure which mod will allow the user to view the US and Japanese task forces to fight each other? I'd like to see a mod where one can attack the Japs at Leyte Gulf or perhaps attack them at Midway.....

Any thoughts or suggestions? Or perhaps I should wait out Silent Hunter 5?

peabody
01-16-09, 04:23 PM
Not sure which mod will allow the user to view the US and Japanese task forces to fight each other? I'd like to see a mod where one can attack the Japs at Leyte Gulf or perhaps attack them at Midway.....

Any thoughts or suggestions? Or perhaps I should wait out Silent Hunter 5?

There are several in there, Midway, Guadalcanal, Coralsea and others. But the chances of being in the right place at the right time are slim. Several Quick missions also include battles.

Peabody

blackhorsecav
01-19-09, 01:37 PM
I was able to download some of these but received the error of "Your download has failed. The file you are attempting to download is restricted to an access group of which you are not a member." on some of these. I didn't see a text file on what path these get downloaded but will do some research on the file extensions on where these may go....will keep you posted...It would be great to see what latitude and longitude where some engagements in the past have been....

peabody
01-19-09, 01:57 PM
I was able to download some of these but received the error of "Your download has failed. The file you are attempting to download is restricted to an access group of which you are not a member." on some of these. I didn't see a text file on what path these get downloaded but will do some research on the file extensions on where these may go....will keep you posted...It would be great to see what latitude and longitude where some engagements in the past have been....

I meant there are already mission in the game which get loaded into Campaign. You caan also play some using Quick missions. You will be in a sub but the surface forces in some will be attacking each other.
Peabody

blackhorsecav
01-19-09, 02:54 PM

groomsie
01-19-09, 03:21 PM
You could try constructing your own custom scenario...

blackhorsecav
01-19-09, 04:05 PM
You could try constructing your own custom scenario...

I prefer to have a career mode partaking in following the US Navy engage the Japs while watching the battle take place in front of me - similiar to the scenario of the Midway battle - guess Silent Hunter V just might fix that...

but if you know of a mod that can do this already, I'm all ears.....