PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes

joes1945
12-11-08, 05:44 PM
Windows XP home. Geforce8800GTX, (178.13 driver upgrade) Directx 9.0c

SHIII freezes at the selection screen completely.

Any suggestions?

Thomen
12-11-08, 06:08 PM
Windows XP home. Geforce8800GTX, (178.13 driver upgrade) Directx 9.0c

SHIII freezes at the selection screen completely.

Any suggestions?

More infos, please...
RAM, Sound card, Game Version, installed mods, did it run before etc..

joes1945
12-12-08, 02:16 PM
2Gb Ram

Creative x-fi Extreme gamer fatal1ty pro series.

How do I find out which version I have?

No Mods installed.

No it never ran before on this video card.

Thomen
12-12-08, 04:05 PM
2Gb Ram

Creative x-fi Extreme gamer fatal1ty pro series.

How do I find out which version I have?

No Mods installed.

No it never ran before on this video card.

It did run before you put in a new video card?

It just freezes? No error message what so ever?

joes1945
12-12-08, 04:25 PM
It ran fine on my old comp. with a Geforce 7800.

It never ran on my new comp. with the 8800.

No messages nothing. the selection screen comes up the mouse pointer is froozen and i can't get out of the game and return to the desktop. I have to press the off button and reboot.

Thomen
12-12-08, 05:33 PM

No messages nothing. the selection screen comes up the mouse pointer is froozen and i can't get out of the game and return to the desktop. I have to press the off button and reboot.

Mhm.. that stinks.

Did you try running the config tool that comes with SH3 and turn everything off and run it on bare minimum stuff? Also, you can try tweaking it in the nvidia console.

And just for kicks and giggles.. I would try turning off the sound card and see if it runs.

Reece
12-12-08, 06:28 PM
Hmm number 2 thread!!:yep:
If it locks again try this sequence, might get you back without rebooting:
Alt-Ctrl-Del
Alt-E
Alt-E

joes1945
12-13-08, 06:09 PM

Mhm.. that stinks.

Did you try running the config tool that comes with SH3 and turn everything off and run it on bare minimum stuff? Also, you can try tweaking it in the nvidia console.

And just for kicks and giggles.. I would try turning off the sound card and see if it runs.

Where can i find the config tool?

Thomen
12-13-08, 09:12 PM

Mhm.. that stinks.

Where can i find the config tool?

In the SH3 folder on you hard drive, there should be a folder called configuration or so.

joes1945
12-16-08, 05:53 PM

Mhm.. that stinks.

i'll give it a try but I'll need specific instructions on what to turn oof and what to leave on.
Nvidia console didn't work.
Soundcard idea I'll try.