PDA

View Full Version : Need help with SH4 Gold reinstall

virtualpender
12-01-08, 02:42 AM
OK, I'm having a weird issue. I wanted to install a clean version of SH4 to run RFB 1.52 so I bought the Gold SH4. I uninstalled SH4 using AVG Warhawk's excellent step by step guide in the SH4 forum and installed SH4 Gold with no mods activated. When I launch the game, I can see the Ubi splash video and the intro video and then my screen goes black. I can hear the main menu music but I can't see anything.

What's going on?

CaptainHaplo
12-01-08, 07:13 AM
Good Question.

Make sure your vid drivers and such are up to date - and hit the esc key to see if that gets video. Also - depending on the monitor - if your refresh rate in game is different than your desktop - it may require you to power off and then on your monitor. Mine requires this on occasion - its a real pain in the arse.

virtualpender
12-01-08, 12:11 PM
All of my drivers are up to date. I've tried turning the monitor off and on and nothing happens. The escape key does nothing. I've tried changing my desktop resolution to 800x600 and then starting the game. I don't know what else to do!!!

Everything was working fine before this fresh install (and yes, I tried to uninstall and reinstall and 2nd time).

Anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

longam
12-01-08, 03:27 PM
Did you allow it to install the direct x 9 portion?

virtualpender
12-01-08, 04:17 PM
Yup, I installed DirectX off the disc. I've never had an issue like this before and I'm completely stumped...:damn: :damn: :damn: :damn:

longam
12-01-08, 04:24 PM
Try an uninstall and run a reg cleaner, then boot before clean install.

This is one I use with XP and Vista.
http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/?ref=google&gclid=CI-C_pavoJcCFQIyxwodiiXIIw

:hmm:

virtualpender
12-01-08, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try.

I did purge the registry using REGEDIT as per AVG Warhawks tutorial but I'll see if I have better luck with the software.

Thanks!

PS: If anyone else has ideas or has seen this please let me know!