PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - triangle never turns green?

LeisureTime
11-24-08, 11:04 PM
Hi folks, like I said newbie here, so be kind.

Just learned from the wonderful video yesterday how to lock a target using "L" key.

I'm doing the Quick Mission "Ambush in the Palawan Passage" and get by the destroyers, surface and lock on the battleships anywhere from 400 to 1200 yards and the triangle thingy turns from orangish to bright yellow but never turns green.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks in advance!

zinosumatra
11-24-08, 11:11 PM
Welcome aboard.

The arrow will turn green with the target vessel is on a bearing of approximately 350 to 10 degrees for bow shots, 170 to 190 degrees for stern shots. As the green indicator signals a near-straight run course to target w/ minimal gyro corrections, the bearings may vary for targets that are very close, moving at flank, or both.

Hope that helps. :up:

LeisureTime
11-24-08, 11:29 PM
I don't think I was leading them enough.

Sandman_28054
11-28-08, 03:39 AM
If you are approaching from the side, you have a 15 degree leeway with your torpedos.

Targets will be at optimum angle from 0 to 15 degrees starboard, or 345 to 0 degrees port. When approaching at angles, you may get the green light at say 340 to 350 degrees to posrt or 30 to 15 degrees to starboard.

just yesterday, I was approaching a task force off the coast of Borneo, the BB was heading 340 degrees, roughly NNW. I turned to the east and approached to within 3500 yards. At 20 degrees, the triangle turned green. I fired 4 fish at the BB, dove to 220', ordered silent running, and sank a 32000 ton Kongo class Battleship.

It just takes a little time to learn these things.

Keep playing, you'll get the hang of it sooner than later.

Just wait till your approaching a task force with 6 DD's, 2 BB's, 2 heavy cruisers, and one small tanker. believe me, you'll learn quickly. Practice makes perfect.