PDA

View Full Version : Better way to save game?

breadcatcher101
11-23-08, 09:51 AM
In saving my games I have been saving at the start of a new mission while I am in port or just offshore from base. Is there a way to save while I am in my office? I play the stock game and the option of "walking out the door" seems to led to you just starting all over.

I like to take my boat out of it's slip and on out to sea without t/c but every few seconds I get "passing thermal layer", kind of distracting.

To save, I have been hitting "Esc" then going from there when I am at the very start of a new patrol, haven't even started my engines yet. Is there a way to do it while I am at my desk so maybe I can rid myself of the "passing thermal layer" thing?

banjo
11-23-08, 10:06 AM
When in the 'office' place your cursour over the books on the left side of the office. The top row gives a Save option--the bottom row gives a Load option (or vice versa--don't remember). Also, always keep your latest AutoSave_OnLeavingPort save, i.e. don't delete it. That way if your other saves become corrupted (happens) you can load that save. All you lose then is the last patrol, not the whole career.

breadcatcher101
11-23-08, 10:11 AM
Thanks, banjo. I knew I was probably overlooking something. Also I have been deleting all my past patrols as well, which as you say is not a good idea. I thank you for your help.

banjo
11-23-08, 11:52 AM
The way I do it is in any given patrol I save three different times--Tmo, Tmo1, Tmo2 for example. Then I just keep saving over those three. But what I was also saying was, always keep your last AutoSave_WhenLeaving_Port save. Everytime you start a new patrol you will be issued a new one of those. Keep the latest each time. Delete the others. When you get into the game this will become clear.