PDA

View Full Version : so, what's better then?

subdude
11-21-08, 07:50 AM
ahoy,

what is the better game, SHIII or SHIV?

cheers

subdude

Raptor1
11-21-08, 09:19 AM
Sorry, it does not work like that

Rockin Robbins
11-21-08, 09:26 AM
I agree. As far as gameplay is concerned they are just about co-equal. What you are interested in is far more important than which game you are playing.

SteamWake
11-21-08, 09:49 AM
I like oranges, others like apples ;)

gAiNiAc
11-21-08, 12:26 PM
I like oranges, others like apples ;)

I like apples and oranges! :arrgh!:

Hoss1193
11-21-08, 06:48 PM
Dogpiling on. I agree with the others.

I happen to personally enjoy SH4 a little more, but I wouldn't say it's a better game in itself. Both are superb - if you're trying to choose between the two, don't worry about it.

If one disappoints you, so will the other. And vice versa.

Just really boils down to "would you rather play the US Pacific campaign, or the German North Atlantic campaign". SH3/SH4, to me, are really just the same game modeling those two different wars.

Final note; they're both inexpensive enough by now...reasonable just to try them both.

Sailor Steve
11-22-08, 05:37 PM
Yes.

Technically speaking, SH4 is an improvement as it has some upgrades. But it's still in the formative stages, especially where u-boats and the Atlantic war are concerned. If you want to play with u-boats, SH3 still has a lot of life in it. If you are interested only in the American war against Japan, then SH4 is the only game there is. Unless of course you want to go back to SH1, or Silent Service.

So the only answer to the question is yes. Both are best. Get both.:sunny:

Atony94
11-23-08, 12:10 AM
im basically going to repeat what everyone else said, its your own opinion, sh4 is the newest one but nothing derastically major from sh3.

if you want to play US and sink them japs get SH4 (note there is an expansion for sh4 that allows you to play a german u-boat in the indian ocean, i belive that expansion also includes japanese subs am i wrong?) I personally like playing as the americans cause they speak english and im american so it all works...

Or if you prefer axis, get sh3 and play in the atlantic theater

subdude
11-23-08, 12:56 AM
i will get SHIV as well and find out for myself, many thanks for your input!

subdude

Rockin Robbins
11-23-08, 08:40 AM
What you need to do is upgrade your computer to at least quad core, preferrably eight core, set the affinity of each game for half the cores. Then with a dual monitor hookup on a dual head graphics system, play both games simultaneously!:up:

Choices?? We don't need no stinkin' choices!

Task Force
11-23-08, 03:52 PM
Sh4 is pretty good, And if you want to play with U boat, just get the expansion and the Atlantic campange mod over in the SH4 Atlantic mod section.:up:

Sailor Steve
11-23-08, 05:31 PM
Sh4 is pretty good, And if you want to play with U boat, just get the expansion and the Atlantic campange mod over in the SH4 Atlantic mod section.:up:
Have you ever played SH3 with GWX and SH3 Commander? If not, you have a lot to learn. I know I said SH4 is great, but the Atlantic side has a long way to go before it catches up.

Task Force
11-23-08, 06:05 PM
Yes, I currently do, just saying that there is a pretty good uboat campange over in the ATO mod section, because he said that he is getting SH4.

My self, I perfer SH3 over 4.:yep: