PDA

View Full Version : New install

saltysplash
11-20-08, 11:52 PM
Hi folks

Could the panal assist in a couple of Q's I have?

Swmbo arrives home later today armed with my new copy of SH4. It states Collectors edition 2xdvd ?

I currently have SH3 installed with GWX 2.1 mods enabled and SH3 commander.

So, I install SH4 onto my machine and also wish to add a couple of the fine mods available.

I already have JSGME installed for SH3 so heres the big Q

Do I need to set up another JSGME folder dedicated purely for SH4 to avoid conflict with SH3? and if so, how would a computer iliterate go about it?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I have searched the threads but cant seem to find my answer.

many thanks in anticipation

Salty

Rockin Robbins
11-21-08, 06:15 AM
Yes, just as you did for SH3, install JSGME in the program directory of SH4. You might want to give it a descriptive name, or a descriptive name like JSGME SH4 to the shortcut you use to run it. That way you won't run the wrong one by accident.

banjo
11-21-08, 10:16 AM
Or don't use a shortcut--I open Ubisoft/SH4 and then open JSGME from in there.

Soundman
11-21-08, 11:56 AM
Ditto the above, and if you've been using JSGME since SH3, there is a newer version available.

saltysplash
11-21-08, 04:07 PM
smashing, many thanks folks

saltysplash
11-30-08, 07:26 PM
Oki doki

It seems that the mods for SH4 are now for the 1.5 version.....notice im reticent to state 1.5 patch as my searches show a definate aversion to the phrase 1.5 patch as its not a patch....see...i have been looking :cool:

So, I have found the U-boat expansion add on, available on Amazon in the UK......will this expansion take me upto 1.5 status?...it isn't the GOLD version that our North American Cousins talk about, its just the u-boat expansion.

If it does take me to 1.5 then all well and good but if it dont, then whats the point in keeping up my efforts on SH4?

Next question is,.......Ive right clicked and left clicked on every sodding thing and still cant work out how to fire a salvo? Do I have to open and fire each tube individually?

I am very keen on having a ptw game and an atw version, My SH3 GWX is just a mind blower and im keen to have the same experience on the allied side.

Munchausen
11-30-08, 07:45 PM
The U-Boat expansion pack is the 1.5 patch for the original game. The Gold version is a combination of the two. Since you already have the original game, you only need the expansion pack. (Be advised, you'll be using your original key code when connecting to Ubi ... so don't throw it away.)

saltysplash
12-01-08, 01:38 AM
The U-Boat expansion pack is the 1.5 patch for the original game. The Gold version is a combination of the two. Since you already have the original game, you only need the expansion pack. (Be advised, you'll be using your original key code when connecting to Ubi ... so don't throw it away.)

many thanks Munchausen....expansion ordered and on its way:up:

DeepIron
12-01-08, 01:54 AM
Dude... how about reducing the size of the graphic in your sig? It's friggin' huge and takes up more space than the posts... thx.

saltysplash
12-01-08, 02:28 AM
Dude... how about reducing the size of the graphic in your sig? It's friggin' huge and takes up more space than the posts... thx.

It was huge and its gone......One day i may find out how to reduce it. till that day comes it will remain forever lost :oops: