PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Sims for MACs

johnlax
11-09-08, 03:05 PM
Guys can anyone out there tell me if there are any subsims for the MAC what ever happened to Deadly Games and their games for MACs ? All attempt to contact the company have failed Please help

Zachstar
11-09-08, 08:53 PM
When you say MAC these days you have to indicate what you have.

Intel based Macs can run windows and through that.. Games

IBM based Macs can at best run old Dos Subsims through Dosbox. And because those CPUS are weak it will peak at 100 percent almost all the time. This is due to it having to emulate the x86.

bookworm_020
11-10-08, 01:05 AM
There were sub games for old mac's. Wolfpack was one, it ran on the old pre IBM chip macs, and there was another that I played many years ago on a mac plus.

johnlax
11-10-08, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know what happened to this company? I have tried to contact them and all efforts have failed????

SteveW1
11-11-08, 05:11 AM
My Dad has got SH4 successfully running on his IMac, the thing with it is that the Imac must be Dual Boot (if you are running Mac OS on it as well) and you have to boot into Windows so that you make full use of Graphics and so forth.

Steve

silentrunner
11-11-08, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure about SH4, but Windows is not necessary to run SH3 on Unix systems. Use Wine, Sh3 runs fine on Slackware so it should work on OS X.:arrgh!:

Platapus
05-08-09, 11:14 AM
If I install Ubunto on my computer and Wine. Will SH3 and SH4 run on a PC?

Raptor1
05-08-09, 11:19 AM
Ah! The dead walk!

Well, Wine HQ seems to indicate that SH3 works and SH4 doesn't, but that doesn't guarantee anything

Platapus
05-08-09, 03:43 PM
I am kicking around the idea of switching to Ubunto, but from what I am reading, for a hardcore gaming computer it does not look all that good.

Fabbe
06-09-09, 04:35 AM
Dualboot is an excellent solution. A mac nowadays is just a pc really. Nothing diffrent about them. Same hardware. I keep my work in os x and my gaming in xp =)