PDA

View Full Version : I Got a new Boat and need help.

old_tex
11-07-08, 07:34 PM
I was promoted and took command of a Gato Class Boat. Upgraded from a Poroise Class. However, I cannot operate the Hydrophone as I did in the other boat. When I go below and try to operate it, I can only move the view around the compartment. The SONAR works, but not the Hydrophone. Is there a BUG in the program? Is there a patch? Or, am I missing something? I need help. I'm outside Tokyo Bay on a RECON mission in 1943. I need all the help I can get. Someone in PAC send me a message as to what to do. TNX ZZZZ :up: Old_tex

Sledgehammer427
11-07-08, 07:37 PM
home and end on your keyboard operate the hydrophone...if that aint working, well...better trust your sonardude...

Arclight
11-07-08, 08:54 PM
The mouse wheel also turns it. Better for small increments. ;)

SteamWake
11-07-08, 10:57 PM
yes home and end keys ... mouse wheel to fine tune

i dont know why it the click on the rose works on some boats and not others.

old_tex
11-08-08, 09:10 AM
I know how to use the Hydrophone. The problem is that it appears to be inoperative (for me) when I go to the SONAR shack. It is, as if it is not workable- much like the RADAR is inoperable when not installed. Is there a patch or something else that will let the Hydrophone work like it did on the Porpoise Class Boat. I must be missing something in the program SH4 V1.5 stock.;) Old_tex

Arclight
11-08-08, 09:24 AM
:-? Every boat comes with at least with basic sonar equipped (WCA sonar stack?).

Maybe a reinstall is nescesarry? (more of a question to others)

banjo
11-08-08, 10:34 AM
There is no patch. Sonar works on all boats. If Home and End keys do not rotate the sonar dial then you must have a corrupted file somehow.

old_tex
11-08-08, 04:52 PM
Interestingly enough, the HOME and END keys work as described. However, on the other boat, the mouse cursor could be used to move the Hydrophone to the desired heading. I'll use it this way, but I wonder what the difference is? :up: Old_tex

old_tex
11-08-08, 04:52 PM
Interestingly enough, the HOME and END keys work as described. However, on the other boat, the mouse cursor could be used to move the Hydrophone to the desired heading. I'll use it this way, but I wonder what the difference is? :up: Old_tex