PDA

View Full Version : Calling in support

peabody
11-03-08, 04:09 PM
I asked in the other mod forum but this may be a better place to ask. Does anyone know how the units you call in for support are added to the campaign and what files are used?

Peabody

ivank
11-03-08, 05:08 PM
I can't help you but I would really like to know as well

peabody
11-03-08, 05:40 PM
I can't help you but I would really like to know as well

Tomhugill was asking about it in the launchable planes thread, but it was buried so I said I would ask in a specific thread in case others not interested have stopped reading his thread.

Peabody

ivank
11-03-08, 06:22 PM
Yea I know

DarkFish
11-04-08, 07:22 AM
I asked in the other mod forum but this may be a better place to ask. Does anyone know how the units you call in for support are added to the campaign and what files are used? controllable units are saved as random generated groups. If you right click on them in the mission editor you'll see a 'tactical properties' tab. In this are the start date, end date and control radius. I don't think it matters in which campaign file you save them, just make sure that file is active at the times when the controllable unit is active.
Airbases have got the 'tactical properties' tab too.
I've only tested it with airbases so far, they seem to work.

It's a problem however that in single missions you can only command airbases, no ships (cause you haven't got the right rank, which you'll never get as in single missions you can't get promoted:damn:)

tomhugill
11-04-08, 10:58 AM
hah! Your awesome as ever dark cheers mate! Ill have a play tonight :up:

wetwarev7
11-04-08, 11:40 AM
I've been wondering if anyone will ever add these to the American campaign. Is this why the OP was asking? I hope I hope I hope I hope........

peabody
11-04-08, 11:53 AM
I asked in the other mod forum but this may be a better place to ask. Does anyone know how the units you call in for support are added to the campaign and what files are used? controllable units are saved as random generated groups. If you right click on them in the mission editor you'll see a 'tactical properties' tab. In this are the start date, end date and control radius. I don't think it matters in which campaign file you save them, just make sure that file is active at the times when the controllable unit is active.
Airbases have got the 'tactical properties' tab too.
I've only tested it with airbases so far, they seem to work.

It's a problem however that in single missions you can only command airbases, no ships (cause you haven't got the right rank, which you'll never get as in single missions you can't get promoted:damn:)

Thanks DarkFish, I was looking in all the wrong places. :nope:

Peabody

tomhugill
11-04-08, 12:23 PM
No , its for work on our surface warfare mod , and adding scout planes to our bb , and keltos crazy ijn planes carrying subs :D

keltos01
11-05-08, 06:18 AM
No , its for work on our surface warfare mod , and adding scout planes to our bb , and keltos crazy ijn planes carrying subs :D
:rotfl:
beware I read these atod thread as well...