PDA

View Full Version : x;^%#@ (grrr!) can't get the stadimeter set for manual targeting

I'm goin' down
11-02-08, 11:04 PM
I have been using auto targeting. I am ready to try out manual targeting. I sailed into Pearl and docked. I set the SH4 for manual targeting and external view. I restarted the mission. The stadimeter is still set for auto targeting and does not have the two little icons at the top. So, I exited the game after docking again, and I only set the game for manual targeting. Same issue. I am still set for auto targeting. I stomped all over the game box in frustration and threw it at my dog, who proceeded to pee on my oriental rug, jump on the counter and eat my pizza dinner, bite my leg and atack the postman. What is the story with setting manual targeting?

ncorpuz34
11-03-08, 12:35 AM
Are you reloading from a saved campaign file? If so, you have to change your game settings in port. On the left file cabinet, open it to change game options. Changing the "global" settings on the main menu only applies to quick/single mission/patrols.

Edit: File cabinet is for save/load games. The radio next to the cabinet is for options. =D

I'm goin' down
11-03-08, 12:41 AM
I will try it.

Loud_Silence
11-03-08, 01:29 AM
I always have trouble finding the precise distance to the target. Sometimes i have to put the bar on top of the masts, sometimes on top of the flag... and always end up checking if i made the correct measurements in the map, wich takes away a lot of realism...

Rockin Robbins
11-03-08, 06:13 AM
If Dante had known about the stadimeter he would have had to create an eighth level of hell.:nope:

Seminole
11-03-08, 07:01 AM
Are you reloading from a saved campaign file? If so, you have to change your game settings in port. On the left file cabinet, open it to change game options. Changing the "global" settings on the main menu only applies to quick/single mission/patrols.

:D I wonder just how many times this instruction has been repeated?...and I include myself in the mob of inquirers...:oops:

...but I have never had much trouble with the stadimeter...after one figurers out how it works..and that ain't very hard......patience plus cool, calm resolve are all that is required to get acurate readings...even in heavy seas.

I'm goin' down
11-03-08, 11:11 AM
After returning from the emergency room where my dog bite was treated and learning that the post office was cutting off deliveries because the carriers feared for their safety, I had another pizza delivered and sat down at the computer. The dog was outside and the doggie door was locked.

I could not open the file cabinet but the option screen finally let me check to box for manual targeting. I was primed and ready for business. I sailed to Japan to hunt meat. I found the enemy in a convoy, set up late and fired. Problem was the target had passed the point of impact set by the PK, and the target to its immediate right was on a course closer than I had set for the firing solution. I fired anyway and missed forward. Not a bad attempt though, and I will try again today--after my torpedo's have been reloaded.

SteamWake
11-03-08, 11:24 AM

Its a radio :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry.... old joke.

Munchausen
11-03-08, 11:36 AM
I always have trouble finding the precise distance to the target. Sometimes i have to put the bar on top of the masts, sometimes on top of the flag...

Make sure you use the recognition manual to set the correct mast height for the TDC:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/pjcham/SH4/08_ID_target.jpg

Even if you're using a mod that automatically identifies the target (and puts the target's name in the uppper window of the TDC), you still need to click on the check mark in the manual. Otherwise, mast height will remain as previously set.

I'm goin' down
11-03-08, 12:36 PM
I don't get the joke. and I thoought about it for awhile.

Johnson's Corollary to Murphy's Law: the odds of the buttered side of the toast falling face down on the Persian carpet increase in direct proportion to the cost of the rug.

Diopos
11-03-08, 12:51 PM

Its a radio :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry.... old joke.

Are you sure it's not a radio?

(Old joke continues :damn: )

Loud_Silence
11-03-08, 01:39 PM
I always have trouble finding the precise distance to the target. Sometimes i have to put the bar on top of the masts, sometimes on top of the flag...
Make sure you use the recognition manual to set the correct mast height for the TDC:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/pjcham/SH4/08_ID_target.jpg

Even if you're using a mod that automatically identifies the target (and puts the target's name in the uppper window of the TDC), you still need to click on the check mark in the manual. Otherwise, mast height will remain as previously set.

Im sure at 785% im setting the right target.

I'm goin' down
11-04-08, 08:19 PM
At 785% when you raise your periscope, all you would see is the lettering on the hull of the target.

peabody
11-04-08, 08:38 PM
What frequency do you set it for manual targeting?

Peabody

aanker
11-04-08, 09:12 PM
What frequency do you set it for manual targeting?

Peabody
830 AM .... lol

Art

tomoose
11-05-08, 11:11 AM
Erm, what is that number referring to?:-?