PDA

View Full Version : My Dive Mark Has Disappeared-Why?

Seminole
10-31-08, 11:23 AM
Usually I hit CTRL-(NUMBERPAD)DELETE to take it off screen and bring it back should I need it.

My UMark.dds file is still in place in Data/Misc but the symbol has mysteriously vanished.

Short of reinstalling SHIV ...any way to get it back?

SteamWake
10-31-08, 01:29 PM
Dive mark ?

(Woot 5k posts !)

peabody
10-31-08, 02:46 PM
Dive mark ?

(Woot 5k posts !)

That's cheating, answer a question with a question just to get 5K posts. Now you delete that and go back to 4,999.

Peabody

SteamWake
10-31-08, 02:48 PM
Hrmmm... no :p

Seriously what does he mean by 'dive mark' ?

Task Force
10-31-08, 02:53 PM
Ya know that little red thing on the dive thingy in to tool bar in game, that shows when your at Periscope debth and close to crush debth (or atleast in RFB):yep:

peabody
10-31-08, 02:56 PM
Hrmmm... no :p

Seriously what does he mean by 'dive mark' ?

The orange mark you see on the surface when you are submerged. I have no idea why it would disappear. I have read about mods where they get rid of it, since it is not realistic, but don't know why it would disappear.

Peabody

FIREWALL
10-31-08, 03:27 PM
Before I got rid of it . When I'd dive close to crush depth the u-mark wouldn't show on surface.

SteamWake
10-31-08, 05:54 PM
I think I figured out what he is talking about...

the numpad Delete aka full stop (period key) brings up the user interface.

Check to see if you dident turn off the numlock by mistake ;)

Loud_Silence
10-31-08, 08:19 PM
In sh3 the "dive mark" was "welded" to the vertical axis of the sub. If the sub rolled when hit by a depth charge, or pitched while diving or surfacing, the mark went underwater.
You have NumLock lit when trying to turn back the mark?

Seminole
11-01-08, 08:35 AM
:hmm: ...after all that..I still don't know why it vamoosed...but I did figure out how to fix it.

I just made a copy of the original UMark.dds which I had wisely stored away for just such an occasion. After replacing the defunct, one things are back as they should be with the dive marker coming or going using CTRL-(NUMBERPAD)DELETE to toggle.

Don't know either why I didn't think of that off right off the bat...:nope: ..I'm getting slow I suppose...