PDA

View Full Version : Sinking other subs???

Kirk
10-29-08, 10:38 PM
Hello all. It has been awhile. Couple of questions. Setting up a sub? I set up a sub and for some reason it just sits there. I know I set it for 5 knots. NOt sure if it is a graphical thing or what but I launched a torpedo at a sub and when it hits the sub and does a flip and goes nuts. Forget firing your deck gun. I fired 100 shells and nothing. Let me know and thanks in advance.

SteamWake
10-30-08, 09:03 AM
The subs have no AI nor do they have damage boxes.

There are no 'sinkable' subs in SH4.

banjo
10-30-08, 09:16 AM
Sorry Steam, not true, I have sunk two. Both were steaming at about 5 knots. One torp each, set at minimum draft.

SteamWake
10-30-08, 09:32 AM
Sorry Steam, not true, I have sunk two. Both were steaming at about 5 knots. One torp each, set at minimum draft.

What? Where? How?

donut
10-30-08, 11:43 AM
We sunk that a/c toting sub in Oska harbor,early 1944,on the inland sea.Took 3 fish.
Another contact,out around Turk.Radar small bilp dissapeared,but still had sonar contact at radar depth. Range 4000 yds.,no visual.Had to be a sub ? Weather clear,1943

banjo
10-30-08, 11:46 AM
Sorry, don't remember where or when, it's been a few months--was using TMO and RSRDC at the time.

Thinking back, I believe I had a message about one of them transitting the area--not sure.

SteamWake
10-30-08, 11:53 AM
Ive gotten messages about them transiting, Ive seen the mini subs in harbors. Never seen anything else. Fired torps at the mini sub and they just bounce off only to explode on the bottom.

I distinctly remeber the modders 'cursing' the in-ability to model other subs.

I have also gotten 'ghost' sonar contacts which I try to chase down but there is nothing there.

FIREWALL
10-30-08, 11:53 AM
Sorry, don't remember where or when, it's been a few months--was using TMO and RSRDC at the time.

Thinking back, I believe I had a message about one of them transitting the area--not sure.

TMO Single Mission ?

Defiance
10-30-08, 12:26 PM
In TMo you can sink transitting jap subs

Did a vid ages ago which Ducimus commented on

Ducimus added this but if i recall correctly some other modder did the skin/physics etc

ps: was in a tmo campaign

banjo
10-30-08, 01:39 PM
Yes, mine were in a campaign.