PDA

View Full Version : Custom Missions Help

WWII44
10-27-08, 04:06 PM
I get an error message when ever I try to play one of my missions in SH4 can some one help me with that?

peabody
10-27-08, 04:11 PM
I get an erro mesage when ever I try to play one of my missions in SH4 can some one help me with that?

Not much information to help you with. Don't know what the error is, don't know what the mission is. Don't know what year, time, ships, subs.
Is the error only on one mission that you wrote or all missions?
Can you post the mission on filefront so it can be downloaded?

Peabody

WWII44
10-27-08, 05:01 PM
I could e-mail it to you if you'd like?

peabody
10-27-08, 05:59 PM
I could e-mail it to you if you'd like?

No problem, but if you had any mods enabled that added ships that I don't have it will crash when I try to look at it in mission editor. And it would have to be 1.5 not 1.4 (if you don't know that means SH4 with the uboat addon) So if it fits under those conditions let me know and I will PM my email and take a look at it.
I am not an expert but I am willing to give it a try.

Peabody

WWII44
10-28-08, 05:38 PM
I have the OTB (out of the box) version, but would like to get version 1.5.

peabody
10-28-08, 07:23 PM
I have the OTB (out of the box) version, but would like to get version 1.5.
I don't think I can load that in version 1.5. Is it a mission that you wrote with 1.4 or is it someone elses? If it is not one that you wrote, it may be a 1.5 which would cause a crash.
Do you have any objectives or events that may be causing the problem?

Wish I could help but I don't have a 1.4 install.
If it is a mission you wrote, try doing it one step at a time. Put in the boats and sub and see if it works. Then put in the objective. Then events. And try between each to see if it crashes. That should tell you what is causing it.

What is the error message??

Here is a link to the mission editor manual that may help you.
http://nordfront.org/xvii-downloads/sh3_missioneditor_v12.pdf

Good luck.

Peabody