PDA

View Full Version : Is ther a satililte mod?

USS Sea Tiger
10-18-08, 07:50 PM
Hi

In SHII there is the satilite mod by a Senior Chief in the USCG. I think he is a PA and was at Air Station Kodiak.

Has anyone made a satillite mod for SHIV??

kylania
10-18-08, 08:41 PM
Not sure about any satellites, but I'm pretty sure you can see that sig from space. :p

Rockin Robbins
10-19-08, 07:39 AM
Ummmmmm. I'm confused here. Why would a satellite be flying around in space during WWII? What could it do that would be worthwhile? All those vacuum tubes would explode on launch anyway!:rotfl:

SteamWake
10-19-08, 08:46 AM
Im curious what did the sattellite mod do?

Orion2012
10-19-08, 03:19 PM
I believe it gives you all the contacts 50-100 miles away.

Webster
10-19-08, 08:50 PM
Im curious what did the sattellite mod do?

thats the star trek mod where spock and capt kirk come back in time to wwII and stop aliens from helping germany win the war :sunny:

the satelite was the starship enterprise

difool2
10-20-08, 09:41 AM
The Spy Satellite mod for SH3 updated every single contact on the map every hour or so, for a radius of like 5,000 km. Unless you have a very beefy rig tho it would slow your comp down something awful (esp. when you zoomed in). It's actually not that hard to mod-there's programs out there which can easily edit the .campaign files, and failing that you can just do a find and replace in Notepad. I wouldn't do it for vanilla tho, which has like 10x the actual number of ships that were out there historically.

tomoose
10-20-08, 11:13 AM
I must be missing something. Apart from RR's comments previously what would this mod bring to the game. Indicating moving targets thousands of miles away which you cannot hope to affect in any way, shape or form doesn't seem to be of any advantage at all. Someone explain this to my dim brain please.:-?

SteamWake
10-20-08, 11:36 AM
I must be missing something. Apart from RR's comments previously what would this mod bring to the game. Indicating moving targets thousands of miles away which you cannot hope to affect in any way, shape or form doesn't seem to be of any advantage at all. Someone explain this to my dim brain please.:-?

Usefull for modding, checking layer activity etc. perhaps.

Gameplay wise not sure.

ReallyDedPoet
10-20-08, 11:56 AM
I have used it but it has been awhile. It is good for those skippers who may not have time to go on those long patols to get in the action. Or for those who may be a little lazy at times :oops::oops::lol:

And as difool2 mentioned, it is not just the far away contacts you see, but every contact.

RDP