PDA

View Full Version : How far have you gone?

IronPerch
10-09-08, 12:47 PM
Hi,

just for a fun... :D How far have you gone with SH? I know that people have build cockpits for flight sims etc, but does anyone have a homemade conning tower in basement? I know that some real chronos, sliderulers and maps are used, but what else?

SteamWake
10-09-08, 02:47 PM
Not that far really this game doesent really lend itself to that type of thing like flight sims do. Spend much more time in the cockpit for those.

I do have printed out recog manual(s), and a map a wiz wheel most of which I never use anymore.

There was a guy whom played a patrol (in sh3) in 'real time' even got mentioned in a pc ragazine.

Task Force
10-09-08, 02:50 PM
I wish all I had to do was play SH3 in real time to get in a Magazine.

PS steam wake whats a Ragazine.:rotfl:

SteamWake
10-09-08, 03:01 PM
I wish all I had to do was play SH3 in real time to get in a Magazine.

PS steam wake whats a Ragazine.:rotfl:

A magazine that is best used as a rag... aka pc gamer. :p

Task Force
10-09-08, 03:03 PM
I think il pass being in that one then.:rotfl:

banjo
10-09-08, 05:50 PM
I have been to the end of the war a half dozen times--if that is what you are asking.

Task Force
10-09-08, 06:03 PM
Ive been Debth Charged over a half dozen tumes.:yep:

Matilda
10-09-08, 06:42 PM
This link will show you to what ends some fans are willing to go to get the imersion they want.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.subsim.com%2Fradioroom%2Fsh owthread.php%3Ft%3D126984&lp=es_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

It's picture heavy but very interestring.

Rilder
10-09-08, 07:01 PM
Ive been Debth Charged over a half dozen tumes.:yep:

Let me guess, the wife/gf throwing stuff at you when you wouldn't get off the computer? :rotfl:

Seminole
10-10-08, 07:48 AM
Hi,

just for a fun... :D How far have you gone with SH? I know that people have build cockpits for flight sims etc, but does anyone have a homemade conning tower in basement? I know that some real chronos, sliderulers and maps are used, but what else?

Funny as all heck..you mentioned this right now.

Just a couple of nights ago I had a vivid dream of doing just such a thing out of a quonset hut styled utility building I had seen down at Home Depot.

I woke up and said ..NOWAY MAN...thats the road to a rubber room someday....:nope:

IronPerch
10-11-08, 12:53 PM
Ok, no freaks in this forum (or nobody wants to share the fact that he/(she?) is actually wearing WWII uniform while playing :o)...

SteamWake: How long did the real time patrol take according the article and was the guy living the submarine kind of life while playing or did he just hang out near by the computer?

Diopos
10-11-08, 02:08 PM
Ok, no freaks in this forum (or nobody wants to share the fact that he/(she?) is actually wearing WWII uniform while playing :o)...

SteamWake: How long did the real time patrol take according the article and was the guy living the submarine kind of life while playing or did he just hang out near by the computer?

Nobody knows... he's still on patrol!:huh:

Sorry SteamWake for jumping in...