PDA

View Full Version : poll : Who likes / hate this new background (white) ?

keltos01
10-08-08, 12:04 PM
I for one hate it, it hurts my eyes and all the posts that were devised using colors that showed well on a gray background are now junk !

:nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope:

:down:

Kruger
10-08-08, 12:21 PM
I have always used the haylazblue skin, whose background is white. I cannot read on black background, coz' it hurts my eyes.

So, I do not know what background you are talking about :)

sqk7744
10-08-08, 12:34 PM
Agreed. Greys were good, and my sig blended so nicely. :arrgh!:

SteamWake
10-08-08, 12:43 PM
Look at the bottom left of this page. That is where you change it :know:

kylania
10-08-08, 01:22 PM
I reverted back to the old black/grey style within moments of the change. :)

dcb
10-08-08, 02:00 PM
I reverted back to the old black/grey style within moments of the change. :)

Same here.

cunnutazzo
10-08-08, 02:10 PM
reverted to smart dark!

Seeadler
10-08-08, 02:27 PM
Users who ignore it to write with the default text color (which by default is readable in all forum styles) and use instead of it bright colors for their text, do not really want that I read their contributions :yep::smug:

magic452
10-08-08, 04:11 PM
I went to the dark side.
May the FORCE be with you.

Adriatico
10-08-08, 04:37 PM
What the *******k is this brightnes... reverted to smart dark!
:dead:
It simply doeesn't fit subsim forum..., let alone screenshots.
:shifty:

Lagger123987
10-08-08, 04:39 PM
Umm...where's the poll????

Perseus_AWC
10-08-08, 04:40 PM
smart dark for me

Nisgeis
10-08-08, 04:47 PM
Umm...where's the poll????

You can't see it, because it's blended into the new background colour.

Petur
10-08-08, 05:46 PM
I went to the dark side.
May the FORCE be with you.

Agreed http://planetsmilies.net/star-wars-smiley-5472.gif

Lexandro
10-08-08, 06:03 PM

Thank you sir! Thats made my day so it has. That white background was giving me eye strain it was so bright. Back to good old boring grey/black for me.

Flick
10-08-08, 07:15 PM
I have always used the haylazblue skin, whose background is white. I cannot read on black background, coz' it hurts my eyes.

So, I do not know what background you are talking about :)

Agree with ya Kruger white background and black text a lot easier for my eyes also. :)

Flick
10-08-08, 07:20 PM
Wait wait wait tried 3.5 admin blue mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... not bad :ping:

:up: Yup I'll stick with that for a while.....:cool:

Flick
10-08-08, 07:20 PM
Wait wait wait tried 3.5 admin blue mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... not bad :ping:

:up: Yup I'll stick with that for a while.....:cool:

Lord Kelvin
10-08-08, 08:08 PM
I'm too used to reading on dark backgrounds since it's easier on the eyes, so I changed it back right after I recovered from the temporary blindness :\

Rockin Robbins
10-08-08, 08:41 PM
I alternate between the admin blue and smart dark. Smart dark works great with my firefox skin in Ubuntu.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/UbuntuSUBSIMScreenshot.png

Heh, heh, heh. Makes Vista look positively amateur. Also the switch didn't affect me and I didn't have to revert to the skin I like. Shields are up!

snakeyez
10-08-08, 09:45 PM
I'm getting old. White backgrounds are growing on me...

kylania
10-08-08, 10:11 PM
Makes Vista look positively amateur.

Umm.. Rockin, someone seems to have sat on your browser and left a dent in it...

Vader 1
10-08-08, 10:18 PM

Thanks bro I thought I was stuck with white....dark is back

Vader

Webster
10-08-08, 11:19 PM
i dont know if im the only one who experienced this but my desktop shortcut kept returning me to the white background so i had to delete it then switch to the smart dark then recreate my desktop shortcut. not sure why it did that but maybe this helps someone else.

Hylander_1314
10-08-08, 11:28 PM
Never saw a change? I still have the nice dark gray backround.

Sailor Steve
10-09-08, 12:47 AM
Mine never changed either. Buncha whiners.:rotfl:

Heh, heh, heh. Makes Vista look positively amateur.
Makes you sound like a teenaged fanboy.:p

Nisgeis
10-09-08, 04:47 AM

If you had selected Dark Grey in your profile you wouldn't notice a difference. The change only affected people who had 'Default' selected as their skin.

Rockin Robbins
10-09-08, 05:03 AM
If you had selected Dark Grey in your profile you wouldn't notice a difference. The change only affected people who had 'Default' selected as their skin. Mystery solved then. I had picked a style months ago. It was more fun when it was a mystery.:sunny:

Sorry Steve, I get enthusiastic about an alternative operating system that actually works well now. I have been kind of periodically checking it out through the Feisty Fawn and Gutsy Gibbon days and just noting that it was too flaky so far. With the latest Hardy Heron, Ubuntu is really stout, reliable, elegant and very importantly for some people, FREE. That excites me. Competition is good for everybody, even those who never leave the safe but expensive harbor of Windows to check out alternatives. A healthy and vital Linux with game companies publishing Linux versions on dual install disks would bring Windows prices down out of the stratosphere and improve its quality. I can't help getting a little enthused about that possibility and you'll excuse me if I mention it once in awhile.:yep:

Of course I know you are rich and don't give a rat's patootie!http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/lotsa_greenguys.gif

Sailor Steve
10-09-08, 07:27 AM
Sorry Steve, I get enthusiastic about an alternative operating system that actually works well now...I can't help getting a little enthused about that possibility and you'll excuse me if I mention it once in awhile.:yep:
No problem. I was just :p you.

Of course I know you are rich and don't give a rat's patootie!http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/lotsa_greenguys.gif
ME? You talkin' to ME? :rotfl:

Rockin Robbins
10-09-08, 07:37 AM
OOOOOOO! My portable Firefox edition on my flash drive was set for default. I actually LIKE the white here at work on an LCD display. Changing it to dark again anyway...:shifty:

Oh, another thing. When I'm running Ubuntu at home, programs run about twice as fast as when I boot Windows XP, which is significant for older machines. If SH was produced in a Linux version it might result in many more people being able to play it without having to upgrade. Graphics systems would have to be pretty equivalent, however, to play the game.

kiwi_2005
10-09-08, 07:47 AM
If you had selected Dark Grey in your profile you wouldn't notice a difference. The change only affected people who had 'Default' selected as their skin. Mystery solved then. I had picked a style months ago. It was more fun when it was a mystery.:sunny:

Sorry Steve, I get enthusiastic about an alternative operating system that actually works well now. I have been kind of periodically checking it out through the Feisty Fawn and Gutsy Gibbon days and just noting that it was too flaky so far. With the latest Hardy Heron, Ubuntu is really stout, reliable, elegant and very importantly for some people, FREE. That excites me. Competition is good for everybody, even those who never leave the safe but expensive harbor of Windows to check out alternatives. A healthy and vital Linux with game companies publishing Linux versions on dual install disks would bring Windows prices down out of the stratosphere and improve its quality. I can't help getting a little enthused about that possibility and you'll excuse me if I mention it once in awhile.:yep:

Yeah ive heard alot about Ubuntu i use to run linux Redhat 8 on 2nd partition, that was a while back. Been thinking of trying out Ubuntu, do you use wine to play your games? Or you have winxp on another drive/partition for gaming.

Rockin Robbins
10-09-08, 10:20 AM
Yeah ive heard alot about Ubuntu i use to run linux Redhat 8 on 2nd partition, that was a while back. Been thinking of trying out Ubuntu, do you use wine to play your games? Or you have winxp on another drive/partition for gaming.
I've tried wine for both SH4 and SH3 but with my limited knowledge can't get them sorted out. I use a 40 gig drive for Ubuntu and my 320 gb drive for Windows XP with another 320 gb drive for images of the other two. I boot into grub on the Linux HD to choose my boot operating system off a pick list, just like Windows will do if you can take all the carping about "These chages could result in irreversable changes to your system. Are you sure you want to do this?" This way my Windows HD is completely unaltered.

I'd rather just run Windows programs in Windows. I'm not anti-Windows at all, just pro-competition. And Ubuntu is rock solid, fun and free. Even all the software is free. You can update your operating system and every single program on the machine with a single mouse click. Compiz graphics effects are a blast and Vista wishes it could look as good. As far as what it looks like, Ubuntu is MUCH more customizable than Windows. Mine impersonates an Apple running OSX right now.

You do have to be willing to learn a few new ways of getting things done, but it's like switching between SH3 and SH4. As long as you don't demand that one work just like the other it's all good! And learning another way to run a computer is fun, even for an old guy like me.

Seminole
10-10-08, 08:00 AM
I've always had a minor interest in physcology....it will be interesting to see if eveyone's changing to SmartDark results in a corresponding rise in rate of "flamewars." breaking out...:hmm:

Rockin Robbins
10-10-08, 08:35 AM
I've always had a minor interest in physcology....it will be interesting to see if eveyone's changing to SmartDark results in a corresponding rise in rate of "flamewars." breaking out...:hmm:

Naw, SmartDark is soothing!:|\\

Monica Lewinsky
10-10-08, 06:59 PM
I for one hate it, it hurts my eyes and all the posts that were devised using colors that showed well on a gray

Love it.

Very EASY to see things now.

d@rk51d3
10-10-08, 07:30 PM
Back in black for me.

theluckyone17
10-12-08, 09:02 AM
I switched back to the grey, too... though I'm tempted to try the blue. White just bothered me.

Now that I've made this post on topic... I'm gonna take it off. RR, I'm with you. I've settled down on Gentoo, simply because I like to tweak and the way the distribution is put together "just makes sense" to me. I picked up a free legit copy of Vista (it's good to be a geek), but my Gentoo setup is so much more... slick.

KampfSchwimmer
10-12-08, 02:51 PM
I use smart dark. The white is killer on my eyes. I play often with very little light on.

Nisgeis
10-12-08, 02:59 PM
Welcome aboard KampfSchwimmer!

KampfSchwimmer
10-13-08, 07:38 PM

Thank you kind sir. I'm trying not to give up on the game. But then again I have only been playing for 4 days now.:ping:

bookworm_020
10-13-08, 10:39 PM
Thank you kind sir. I'm trying not to give up on the game. But then again I have only been playing for 4 days now.:ping:

We were all there at one stage, that was three years ago for me and I haven't stoped since!

Welcome aboard!:up:

BTW I prefer smart dark and have kept it so!:yep: