PDA

View Full Version : feq questions

pragr
10-06-08, 01:19 AM
Hi everybody. I started play the SHIV after few months and I have few questions about this game.

At first, I have the SHIV, patch 1.4 with TMO + NSM +NSM torp mod installed (I intalled them in this sequence)

Now my questions.

- how many ships or how much of tonnage I have to sink to complete the task "Engange the enemy ships"? I sunk one 1215t Asashio DD, one 2370t Yugumo DD and one 1453t coastall marchant. I thought 4000t is the edge, or warships don't count into it?

- it's possible that when I sink the ship, it won't count into my log book? 2times I hit DDs with the torpedo, after few minutes he dissappeared but, no record in my log shows.

- yeasterday, I had problem with the time acceleration. Always, when I accellerated time, the speed of my subs decreased until its stopped completely. It was both times on rough sea. Hopefully restarting the game helps. Does anyone has the similar experience?

- I tried the PE 4.6. But few times my boat was hit/destroyed by the invisible/non-existant enemy. I always was submerged, no sound contact, had lots of water under, but my crew reported damage. This happend to me several times. Since I re-installed the game, and didn't use the PE mod, seems like there is no problem.

Thanks for asnwer and help.

Anyway, I love this game:up:

Pragr.

Nisgeis
10-06-08, 02:51 AM
I tried the PE 4.6. But few times my boat was hit/destroyed by the invisible/non-existant enemy.

There is no such mod as PE 4.6. Do you mean EE 4.6, or PE 4? Neither of them cause invisible enemies.

pragr
10-06-08, 04:38 AM
It was Environmental MOD 4.6. I'm sorry.

Btw, another question. Can I use the PE4 with the TMO and with 1.4 patch?

Nisgeis
10-06-08, 05:08 AM
I think so, there are TMO specific patches and it works with SH4 1.4. There's more info about the install orders in the readme file.

Linavitch
10-06-08, 05:56 AM
- yeasterday, I had problem with the time acceleration. Always, when I accellerated time, the speed of my subs decreased until its stopped completely. It was both times on rough sea. Hopefully restarting the game helps. Does anyone has the similar experience?

Have you left your crew at battlestations? If you do they all get tired eventually and the sub will stop.

pragr
10-06-08, 07:38 AM
I never used the "on battle station" command. But I don't think this was the problem, because when I returned the time acceleration to 1x, the submarine speed increase back to the 9knots without any other assistance

Rockin Robbins
10-06-08, 08:07 AM
Then you have a non-normal (extra-normal?) SNAFU. Usually that means mod conflicts, usually from accidentally uninstalling in a different order than you installed. The cure is removing the mods, repairing your base game, repatching and reinstalling mods. I'll bet that fixes you right up.

Seminole
10-06-08, 08:13 AM
I can tell you about those "invisible enemies". They are an illusion of sorts but a deadly one as you found out. In fact I have a thread about it.

When you use a mod that alters the game's enemy aircraft to become less frequent but more effective a strange thing then happens.

If you dive after the crew spots one but do not go deep enough and go back into time accelration mode ....the planes "nail" you.

However:

For some reason the damage doesn't register until you come out of time acceleration....then it hits home with vehemence.

Naturally the plane is long gone..you thought you had escaped detection and destruction by it...and once the damage registers you are left with a feeling of having been done in by some invisible enemy....:shifty:

There are two cures that I know of:

1. Never dive when you spot a plane to just periscope depth. Crash dive and go way down fast... at least to 140 feet.

2. Install Webster's fewer planes mod. It reduces the number of enemy AC out of range of land bases but doesn't give the planes "super" detection and/or destructive powers.

I choose option 2 and after several patrols have not had the problem of being hit by AC after submerging reoccur.

Sailor Steve
10-06-08, 08:35 AM
Then you have a non-normal (extra-normal?) SNAFU.
But wouldn't that make in a SNNAFU, or SENFAFU?:doh:

pragr
10-09-08, 01:55 AM
Is there any Medal MOD for 1.4 patch? I found one, but it's probably for 1.5. And it's realy frustrated, when I got the Bronze Star after 1st, 2nd and 3rd mission, and there is still "for the 2nd patrol" citation

Hylander_1314
10-09-08, 08:54 AM
Then you have a non-normal (extra-normal?) SNAFU.
But wouldn't that make in a SNNAFU, or SENFAFU?:doh:

I always liked Vonnegut's JACFU. Joint American Communist **** up.