PDA

View Full Version : No Ammo For Deck Gun

selk1
10-04-08, 12:37 AM
I have had two missions where my deck gun is showing no ammo as I leave my
base. I have tried to change deck guns but with no change. Any ideas on how to correct?

Nisgeis
10-04-08, 03:12 AM
Are you running any mods? Some change the ammo loadout so that there is no ammo of one particular type. I can't remember if it's HE or AP that is removed, but it's the default one and the result is that there is no ammo loaded when you click on the gun. If it is that problem, all you have to do is to click on one of the other shells on the deck gun screem to load that type. If it's not that, then I have no idea.

Falkirion
10-04-08, 03:54 AM
If you're running Real Fleet Boat or some other mods they might require you to select the ammo before you can fire the gun.

selk1
10-04-08, 10:57 PM
Thanks for your response. I double click on the shells and it started loading right away

LukeFF
10-05-08, 03:44 AM
If you read nothing else, PLEASE READ THIS SECTION!!

When you man a deck gun or anti-aircraft gun for the first time on a patrol, you must click the shell icon in order for the gun to load. Do NOT, repeat, do NOT post messages to the effect of "my gun is out of ammo!" here on the forum. You will be referred to this thread instead.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=699428&postcount=1

SteamWake
10-05-08, 08:10 AM
Give the guy a break its an easy 'mistake' to make.

It tripped me up at first but was able to figure it out.

Sailor Steve
10-05-08, 12:20 PM
I'm sorry SteamWake, but if LukeFF posted it that boldly at the very top of the very thread you have to go to to download the mod, and people still have to "figure it out", then they deserve to be scolded. It shouldn't be "an easy mistake to make" when it's that obvious.

I usually try to cut people slack, and I didn't say anything here because people always slip up. I'm not criticizing the OP or you for not getting it right away, but I think you're wrong to take Luke to task for posting the way he did. After all, he's right.:sunny:

Rockin Robbins
10-05-08, 12:25 PM
Selk1, you must go immediately to bed without supper!

Welcome to Subsim, the friendliest place on the Internet!http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/grillsmile1.gif

Arclight
10-06-08, 05:13 AM
If you really want people to read something you should put
DO NOT READ!
above it. Works every time.

See? You read it. :lol:

Welcome aboard, selk1. :up:

SteamWake
10-06-08, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry SteamWake, but if LukeFF posted it that boldly at the very top of the very thread

/shrug

Its not at the very top of the thread its at least 5 paragraphs down under gameplay notes.

Hate to say it but many folks dont read that far. They read how to install, and install it.

I give kudos to the modding folks for pointing it out and making an effort to do so.

LukeFF
10-07-08, 01:50 AM
/shrug

Its not at the very top of the thread its at least 5 paragraphs down under gameplay notes.

Hate to say it but many folks dont read that far. They read how to install, and install it.

Then that's their problem and not ours. It's not like we're asking them to read a 500-page manual before they run the mod.

Wilcke
10-07-08, 11:30 AM
Its now become part of my "Sub Leaving Port to go on Patrol Checklist" under Subsection 1.2.a-3g...Weapons Checks 1. AA guns check ammo loadout, lock and load, dump some 55 gallon barrels overboard and do a little gunnery practice. 2. Deck gun, get that crew out there and load her up and fire off a few rounds at the seagulls. Keeps them from crapping all over the lookouts! 3. Ice cream maker, vanilla or chocolate make a batch of each and enjoy.

Its all good man!

Happy Hunting!