PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Maru - Hydrophone & Torp issues

tschli
10-03-08, 08:00 AM
Hi there,

I'm hunting in late '42 with Trigger Maru on. I just bought myself a GATO class, MK 23 torps, a sonar and a radar.

I had the following issues with the hydrophone and the MK23 torpedo:

- my man in the sonar room reports and updates contacts he locates with the hydrophone, but I can't locate them "manually"... even if they are very close (<2000y). Except for my propeller I don't hear anything although I came across a Modern Split and a Modern Large Tanker ...

- I can set different speeds for some of my MK 23 torps...although this shouldn't be possible (factory settings: 4.500y at 46kn)...

Did anyone experience the same and has anyone a solution to this?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers
tschli

Rockin Robbins
10-03-08, 08:13 AM
No sir, never had that problem. I suggest a reinstall of the game. Most likely all you have to do is a repair through add/remove programs. First, deactivate all your mods, then do the repair, then reactivate the mods and you should be OK. If you're not, see the stickied thread on reinstallation.

tschli
10-03-08, 08:27 AM
Damn ... I'm not too literate with mods and stuff, happy that I got it up and running... I'll restart from my last save before reinstalling hoping for the best.

Thanks though Rockin man!

Diopos
10-03-08, 02:01 PM
And DON'T Alt+Tab out of the game!

Rockin Robbins
10-03-08, 02:34 PM
That's funny! I've alt-tabbed out of the game hundreds of times without a problem. I can't imagine what the problem could be.

claybirdd
10-03-08, 07:26 PM
:up: I also Alt-Tab out of the game quite frequently and have never had a problem arise.

SteamWake
10-03-08, 07:49 PM
Just a question..

You doing the sound checks while surfaced?

Probably not at 2000 yards but just asking.

tschli
10-03-08, 08:55 PM
@SteamWake: what do you mean by soundchecks while being surfaced?

After noticing I checked the hydrophone underwater and at less than 2000yards away from the tanker.

I started over again, had a save just "2 hours away" from the bugs. This time I didn't swap my Tambor for the Gato and until now my hydro works...

strange...